Mya moe concert for sale

Smalls

Reaction score
I just realized that there is an extra hole for a strap knob on the neck heel. It has been repaired, but its still there. I understand that that would affect the value. It's just a cosmetic issue at this point, and if you play the uke on a strap you'd never see it (i do, which is why i totally forgot it was there!) I could take $800 for it without the reunion blues bag, $850 with. The new price for this uke based on mya moe's current pricelist is $1150 (900 base price, +100 for the curly myrtle, +150 for the pickup). As of 1 march(aka Friday) the base price goes up $150, which makes the new price $1300

Thanks
Sean

Last edited:
It's a beautiful ukulele. I imagine, though, that posting a few photos of what it looks like now (as opposed to what it looked like when it left the Mya-Moe shop and when you received it after buying it from another owner), including a photo of the strap knob hole, might help you generate more interest in it. Just a suggestion. Good luck with your sale!

Yeah, I'm planning on doing that when I get home from work, although I'm starting to think I should just hang on to it....

Looking forward to photos, Smalls. Looks good on MM site. lol

Looking forward to photos, Smalls. Looks good on MM site. lol

Smalls

am i dreaming or did you not just get this ukulele a month ago? I have seen UU members sell their ukuleles soon after they get them but you must be the fastest to change your mind was there any other reasons you are doing this if you want please send me a private message

Last edited:
Haha, yeah I did just get it. The only reason I might sell it is that I think I need to focus on guitar playing. I was going to use some of the the money from a sale to buy a taylor GS mini and have that be my travel instrument. The uke is great, and I am on the fence about selling it. It sounded like a great plan yesterday, today I'm having second thoughts. Pics are below. Click the thumbnail for full size.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Is there a string set that is a G key for tenor? If so, that would be the same key as a guitar with same chord shapes. A linear G string will change that concert to a whole different sounding uke.

Ok, I just played it all evening and I've decided, it is for sale. Nothing against the uke, but I think I'll get more use out of something else.
Who wants it?

Ok, I just played it all evening and I've decided, it is for sale. Nothing against the uke, but I think I'll get more use out of something else.
Who wants it?

is this a record for a Mya Moe being resold...Wow! I would buy it but I already have one Lol

Last edited:
You guys think this is fast you should check out The Gear page! I've seen guys flip a new purchase before its even been delivered!

You guys think this is fast you should check out The Gear page! I've seen guys flip a new purchase before its even been delivered!

like I have said many times..you do your home work on which ukulele you want,you ask questions,you order it and sometimes it could take months or even years you get it you love it then you sell it? still confused why you get them in the first place

but that only my 2 cents

This uke was originally mine and it is a great uke. I sold it because I play mostly tenors. It has good volume and a very sweet tone with lots of overtones. I like worth or savarez alliance strings on it, and low g works well on it too.

Is there a string set that is a G key for tenor? If so, that would be the same key as a guitar with same chord shapes. A linear G string will change that concert to a whole different sounding uke.

I'm pretty sure Dirk at Southcoast has a set in this configuration. I'm not a tenor player, (or much of a linear player, for that matter) so I'm not positive.

[/end threadjack]

like I have said many times..you do your home work on which ukulele you want,you ask questions,you order it and sometimes it could take months or even years you get it you love it then you sell it? still confused why you get them in the first place

but that only my 2 cents

It's very simple...people buy into the hype and they order order one...As other people get theirs and then you hear the grumbling, you start having doubts and then you buy into the anti-hype. When you finally get it, you are exhausted and want to sell it and start that vicious cycle again and buy the next flavor of the month.

I'm not talking about this uke as I have never played it but talking in general. This thread has already gone sideways in several directions so adding to it...

ppppuuuussshhhhh

It's very simple...people buy into the hype and they order order one...As other people get theirs and then you hear the grumbling, you start having doubts and then you buy into the anti-hype. When you finally get it, you are exhausted and want to sell it and start that vicious cycle again and buy the next flavor of the month.

I'm not talking about this uke as I have never played it but talking in general. This thread has already gone sideways in several directions so adding to it...

ppppuuuussshhhhh

Daniel..after seeing the MB there is no hype on Chuck's work..hard to believe he is so good huh?

Guys, no offense but this is a classified post, not the uke talk section. Please stop derailing the thread.

Hey smalls. I'm not sure why this thread got derailed. Some of the comments make no sense and don't belong in the thread. You already stated your reasons for selling it and I recall when we spoke about it, you weren't sure if you were gonna focus on guitar. As far as hype is concerned, I played this for a year and a half and loved it, as did the many people who've played it. It was well worth the money I spent and the wait I endured while it was expertly built by the very fine folks at Mya Moe. Anybody looking for an excellent player should take a serious look at this one. You won't be sorry.

Top Bottom