Which is better

• First One

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Second One

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Kyle23

Reaction score
I put the strings from my concert on my soprano (not sure if that's logical, but it works) and I need some opinions on which sounds better. My ears clearly can't do it, but maybe yo guys could give me some insight.

I'll post the 2nd video in the next post. And please excuse the microphone. They sound a lot better in person.

Last edited:
Really? The more I listen to them, the more #1 sounds dull.

seems to me that you have made your decision as to which one sounds best.

Sound is subjective to each person.

seems to me that you have made your decision as to which one sounds best.

Sound is subjective to each person.

In person I already knew the 2nd one was better, but when I record I also want to know which sounds best over the mic because that's where most people will hear it. Just a confusing thing all together.

I like the warmth of the first but find the open C string over powering. The second sounded more balanced if a bit quieter.

I like the warmth of the first but find the open C string over powering. The second sounded more balanced if a bit quieter.

I played the 1st one better, on the 2nd one I recorded it twice. The first one you could hear my down strums were pretty loud so I re-recorded it and did the whole thing a little lighter.

The first one sounds better at this end - but there's so many variables - like how hard you played in each test, how close you were to the mic, what the settings were......

Trust your own ears - go with the one YOU like the best :D

Top Bottom