Left handed Electric Uke?

thowell3

Reaction score
Hey,

I thought I would ask, Does any one know of a good reputable maker of Left handed Electric solid body ukes, or even Acoustic Electric? I know I could get a pick up for one of my Ukes and do it that way, But the options with that is that I either have to get one that sits on the edge of the strings and looks really weird or I have to use some tools to modify one of my Ukes to have a Pickup installed in it on the inside for a left handed player.

Good News, I was actually talking to a guy that owns a music store and has installed many Pick up's in guitars. He said for an Electric Acoustic ukulele there should be no issue with simply switching the strings for a Left handed player. When I asked him about feed back or any issues with the pick up.

He explained to me that the pick up they use in Acoustic ukuleles have no preference between being left handed strung or right handed strung. Which Makes my search about 5 times easier.

I have been looking at a Fender Tenor Ukulele recently and since I found out that there will be no issue, I may just pay the extra money to get a electric tenor ukulele. Although I am tempted to get the Epiphone Les Paul uke that is also electric but I am not sure if it is a tenor or not.

But I am probably going to talk with the Guy at some point and see if he can give me a deal on an Electric Ukulele and an Amplifier for a good price.

Top Bottom