HMS order fulfillment question

Flaky

Reaction score
I just placed my very first order with Hawaii Music Supply last week based upon all the glowing reviews on this board. I received the automated e-mail that my order had been received. My order is still listed as pending on my account page, and I was hoping to get an idea on about how long it takes after an online order for the ukulele to ship. I did purchase and request alternate strings to be set up on the instrument, which I am sure adds a little to the turnaround time.

So, from mouse-click to your door, how long did it take in your experience?

Thanks!

HMS is at (808) 622-8000. A 2-minute phone call will probably save you a lot of guessing. :)

HMS is at (808) 622-8000. A 2-minute phone call will probably save you a lot of guessing. :)

Agree with RichM. Once I even called and spoke with Music Guy Mike, and he said my order was in shipping dept., gave me that number (off-site from store) and Zach answered and was super kind and told me that my uke was right there, next to be packed, and checked my address and told me all about it. Yep, call 'em.

I ordered a double gig bag last December 10th, and it was shipped December 12th – Delivered on the 17th.

–Lori

I would call and find out.

I just ordered a uke on 2/14 and had it on 2/19 - that included a set-up, new strings and a weekend.

Have fun with your new uke!!

Someone q'd me in on this thread so I thought I would answer. It really depends. Ya know last night I went in to setup a Leolani tenor because someone was asking about it. It was ordered on saturday but I thought I would get it done for them and then knock out some others. So one after the other had finish or neck issues. Twice I got almost completely done before discovering something. After rejecting my sixth one I gave up and went home.:wallbash: We have software that auto prints labels and sends emails , boxes are pre-made and all that stuff is predictable and efficient. The setup and QC is the bottleneck for us and I don't know what to do short of not carrying inexpensive stuff. which is arguably our greatest gift.... Just got through morning emails and on my way to help the cause now. To the OP. Email me your info andrew@theukulelesite.com or call me - (808)781-9168. thanks

I think a lot of people don't quite realize what they're getting from HMS. Yeah, if you buy an expensive custom off of their site, you're pretty much buying a custom the way the luthier intended it. But if you're buying a ukulele that has less quality control, when you buy from HMS, you're basically getting professional luthiers working on your uke to make it better. And that's pretty amazing if you ask me.

Someone q'd me in on this thread so I thought I would answer. It really depends. Ya know last night I went in to setup a Leolani tenor because someone was asking about it. It was ordered on saturday but I thought I would get it done for them and then knock out some others. So one after the other had finish or neck issues. Twice I got almost completely done before discovering something. After rejecting my sixth one I gave up and went home.:wallbash: We have software that auto prints labels and sends emails , boxes are pre-made and all that stuff is predictable and efficient. The setup and QC is the bottleneck for us and I don't know what to do short of not carrying inexpensive stuff. which is arguably our greatest gift.... Just got through morning emails and on my way to help the cause now. To the OP. Email me your info andrew@theukulelesite.com or call me - (808)781-9168. thanks

Thanks to everyone for their responses and advice. Pretty neat to get a reply direct from Andrew on a message board!

I really hope my post didn't come across as any sort of complaint. I certainly wasn't implying any lack of customer service on the part of HMS. The extra setup and QA was definitely a factor in my placing an order with them. I was just taking an informal poll since it was my first transaction to get an idea of what the average wait might be.

I will follow up with HMS in the next day or so. Thanks again to everyone for their input!

You didn't sound complainy to me, just eager.

Mine have all taken a week to ten days from ordering to receiving. Four days of that is the ground shipping to me from California; next time I really should upgrade because those four days are very, very long when you're waiting for a new uke!!

It's worth the wait though, because even my least expensive was beautifully set up by HMS.

My first order was about ten days from mouse click to delivery in South Korea. Pretty amazing in my opinion, and the uke was set-up great!
Second order was about eight days from mouse click to delivery in the States (east coast), also amazing.

Great service all the way around. Will order from them again without a doubt.

HMS ftw! Service is huge and Andrew and his crew do everything above and beyond to make sure the customer is happy no matter the value of the instrument...as evidence by the response by AK!

I am a happy customer, and they do their very best to make sure all others are as well! Pictures please when you get it.

:shaka: to the peeps at HMS!

HMS ftw! Service is huge and Andrew and his crew do everything above and beyond to make sure the customer is happy no matter the value of the instrument...as evidence by the response by AK!

I am a happy customer, and they do their very best to make sure all others are as well! Pictures please when you get it.

:shaka: to the peeps at HMS!

+1 on HMS service... have ordered many times and have always received great service. On last order they caught a finish blemish and made sure it was corrected before they would ship it.. a lot of companies (not necessarily uke suppliers) would have shipped an item thinking you might catch it or might not and they wouldn't have to deal with it or could try to blame it on you..not HMS.. great to do biz with.

Agree with RichM. Once I even called and spoke with Music Guy Mike, and he said my order was in shipping dept., gave me that number (off-site from store) and Zach answered and was super kind and told me that my uke was right there, next to be packed, and checked my address and told me all about it. Yep, call 'em.

Same thing happened to me with my first HMS order. It showed pending, but when I called, they tracked it for me while I was on the phone, and found it had just been shipped.

There are only 2 ways HMS could be faster and neither one is better:
1. Drop ship to you.
2. Allow you to download your ukulele.

I know it is hard to wait for an ukulele; but good things come to those who wait.

Top Bottom