New Uke Day - Boat Paddle ML Style!!

AKuker

Reaction score
ML_Style_uke_body.jpgML_Style_Tenor_strap_button.jpgML Style Tenor uke back.jpgML Style Tenor uke.jpgWow! I'm amazed at how beautiful this is.

It's Narra back and sides with an Adarondack Spruce top, Ebony fretboard with maple binding. The body and headstock have the maple binding as well and there is a very fine piece of ebony running along the binding between the binding and the body all the way around. The top has a black-narra-black purfling. The Headstock is amboyna burl (the burl of the Narra tree); so is the tailpiece which has the maple binding on either side as well.

The sound hole is slightly oval with a segmented Amboyna burl and maple rosette. It has a sound port that is also oval with the maple binding.

I opted for the satin lacquer finish becuase I like the look of the wood without the gloss.

Its strung with Worth MB low G strings and sounds fantastic. I can't believe how loud this is and the low g is really a deep beautiful sound.

Jerry at Boat Paddle Ukulele Co. did a great job. This is my second custom he's built and he does great work.

Just waiting for the custom made case now. UU won't accept my pics because they are too big. No idea how to make them smaller. Sorry!

I found a couple of pictures from during te construction phase. I really love this uke!

Last edited:
Sounds awesome Randy. If you go into the menu on your camera you should be able to lower the pixel setting of your photos. Otherwise you can use a hosting site like www.photobucket.com and upload them directly to your post. Can't wait to see it!

Man! I'm reading your descriptiion (thinking for the thousandth time how much I like BPs), the anticipation is builds, my mouth begins to water, and... There's no pics!

You gotta sort this out; I want my vicarious thrills for the evening!

Seriously, congrats. It sounds like an awesome uke.

Sorry guys! I've added the pictures. I may try to add a couple more later. It's a beaut!

Seriously, congrats. It sounds like an awesome uke.

Wow! Very nice! I love the vintage gold tuners and the different fret markers. Beautiful instrument!

Top Bottom