anybody know ?

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about what these two instruments are? One is of course a Mandolin, and the other a Gusel? I am more interested in the Mandolin but know nothing about the manufacture. it is made in japan. If anyone knows anything about them, I would like to know what it might be valued at so I can make an educated offer.

gusle_zps234e7db6.jpg

terada_zpsf29c78e5.jpg

Serbian gusla, or very similar. It is used to lightly accompany a singer, who usually is the player. Sort of like a uke. It also says it in the picture, which is upside down.

yeah, I put that text on there. No idea why photobucket flipped it. But, that is all I know about them. I am more interested in what someone knows about the brand of mandolin that is, and what it might be worth so I can make a fair offer on it, and/or the other thing. I just like the other thing, because I think it's kinda neat.. But have no idea if it is worth anything other than something to hang on the wall.
If anyone knows anything about either or these, any info would be appreciated.

That's an Terada (寺田) mandolin. The factory was opened in 1912 and has produced violins, guitars and other instruments. They were one of two producers who made the Orville guitars for Gibson. I've heard of one of their bowlbacks selling for $160 in good condition. For reference, the Orville guitars produced by Terada sold for $700 to $1000 when they were new.

Top Bottom