High note

yeah but I want the song in the same octave. I find it hard for me to adjust. Instead of altering the chords, is there a way to like alter notes when it comes to singing?

Another way might be to just work ur way up to the high note by doing a falcetto instead of trying to bust the note outta the blue. That's all i know tho, i'm not much an expert at these things so thats all i can advise

I have a naturally high voice for a guy so High notes don't give me too many problems.. But if you practice and keep singing you can naturally extend your range. Just don't over do it because you can hurt your voice, sometimes permanently. So if the song is too high, try it in a different key.

I have a naturally high voice for a guy so High notes don't give me too many problems.. But if you practice and keep singing you can naturally extend your range. Just don't over do it because you can hurt your voice, sometimes permanently. So if the song is too high, try it in a different key.
Your lucky you can hit high notes. Yeah my friend said practice always helps. When I try singing high notes, my tonsils stick to the back of my throat and prevent me from singing high notes.Anyone have the similar problem or a solution perhaps?

just practice hitting high notes

Your lucky you can hit high notes. Yeah my friend said practice always helps. When I try singing high notes, my tonsils stick to the back of my throat and prevent me from singing high notes.Anyone have the similar problem or a solution perhaps?

Hmm your tonsils stick when you sing? Its good to read all you can about singing, because there are many ways and styles to sing, but there are also many ways to sing wrong. It doesn't hurt to sing the high notes or anything does it?

One thing you can try is to warm up with some scales. Try this exercise: buzz your loops loosely together while humming a 5 tone scale. Go up in increments of half steps. Make sure you are using diaphragm when you are doing this with sufficient airflow. The lip buzz helps ensure that you are using enough air. On producing the tone just try to keep it open, free, and unstrained. The Brett Manning guy I mentioned earlier swears by this exercise and so do alot of other teachers. As always, don't try to go so high that it becomes uncomfortable.

hey thanx davoo. I'll try that. My friend took singing classes and told me this weird thing about a teaspoon of oil supposedly helps helps also. Anyone else wanna clarify this?

yeah they have some kinda magic singers fluid stuff. One of my friends performed here on Guam and went to the philippines and did showbiz there. I remember her using some kinda weird chinese remedy for the throat between sets.

Many voice teachers will just recommend keeping sufficiently hydrated (water will do fine). And don't over do it.. then won't need to take any of that oil stuff. They really do stress not overdoing the singing or even screaming or shouting to the point where you lose your voice. You can injure your vocal chords if you do.

Last edited:
I have no formal vocal coaching experience but i'll say this much.. if you are trying to hit a high note that is out of your normal register either practice singing it falsetto OR just do the easy thing and play it a key lower :p A singer shouldn't feel forced to fit the music. The music is supposed to fit the vocalist :)

I have no formal vocal coaching experience but i'll say this much.. if you are trying to hit a high note that is out of your normal register either practice singing it falsetto OR just do the easy thing and play it a key lower :p A singer shouldn't feel forced to fit the music. The music is supposed to fit the vocalist :)

There you go. Listen to Danyo, I think he is pretty experienced with this whole singing thing :D

If you are still following this thread

If sung all my life in choirs, classical and jazz. I was lucky enought to have received some excellent training in college too. For those who don't know how to sing and it doesn't come naturally, you need to start singing with people who do know how to sing. They will teach you how.
In a nutshell here is what you gotta do: To hit the high notes you have to tighten the belly. And thats about it. If you keep your abs rock hard, the pressure in you lungs will support your vocal chords so they don't get strained. You can't believe how complicated the human voice is, especially to sing nicely. You must be careful not to hurt yourself. In which case you may just have to do it the old fashioned way; seek instruction (via books or a live instructor) do the vocal exercises, and gradually extend your range. First though you have to find out if you are a tenor, baritone, or bass. If you are a bass you can just forget it, you were born to sing low. Baritones can sing high but it takes alot of time and will almost always be the falsetto voice. Tenors, you wouldn't be asking this question if you naturally had a high voice, you'd be doin' it already. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
weird thing about a teaspoon of oil supposedly helps helps also. Anyone else wanna clarify this?

Swallowing oil won't do anything for your vocal chords because when you swallow anything (air included) it goes down the esophagus to your stomach. Air going past the vocal chords to/from the lungs travel through a separate tube called the trachea.

However, I do know from personal experience that the back of the throat (where you can see the tonsils) can be soothed by drinking fluids. Perhaps the muscles and tissue there can be strained with over use or mis-use, smoke, etc.

I hope this helps.:eek:

Well I found my problem. Like davoo mentioned I was singing wrong. I aparently figure out how to sing the right way last night. I think when I'm more relaxed my vocals are better because my vocal chords are more relaxed also and my notes don't seem forced which was my problem in the first place.

yeh it just takes practice. When i first started singing in high school, my voice could only stretch to D lol... but after lots of practice, i can hit high G now. Just make sure to practice though. Alot. And not only practice high notes, but everything. Tone, vibrato, etc... You don't wanna end up hitting high notes, and not be able to make it sound pretty :(

Top Bottom