do it yourself sk-38A

dismount

Reaction score
been looking around for an sk-38a with no luck, not even sure they are going to make any more, soooo... I got an sk-35 matte finsh uke and after setting it up I had an old ebony tail peice from a violin and made a saddle of ebony plus martin 600's and whammo awesome sound!! I can't believe ebony made that much of a difference from bone. At least on a soprano. Just passin' that along to all UU'ers. Phil

been looking around for an sk-38a with no luck, not even sure they are going to make any more, soooo... I got an sk-35 matte finsh uke and after setting it up I had an old ebony tail peice from a violin and made a saddle of ebony plus martin 600's and whammo awesome sound!! I can't believe ebony made that much of a difference from bone. At least on a soprano. Just passin' that along to all UU'ers. Phil

I'd guess it was the switch to Martin strings that made more difference than the bridge saddle. They're fairly high tension strings and they can really perk up a lot of ukes. The also have a different balance between the "inside" and "outside" strings than many other strings, shifting the response of the uke.

John

Top Bottom