Best production Soprano?

wearymicrobe

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has a suggestion for a really good production soprano say under 2K. I had my only good soprano, lost in transit so I am on the hunt.

Two things I would like it to be a modern maker, and it needs to be off the shelf, IE something that I can order soon and get in rather quickly. Also I would want something historically not significant, so I can travel with it and not worry about it replacement. Say if it dies at the airport in a unfortunate event, like being run over with a luggage transport.

I am digging through eBay and the usual places but to no avail, couple good Style 2/3's though but I would not want to travel with it.

I would probably suggest the Kiwaya KTS-7 (Martin 3M copy made by Takahashi Shinji). I had a G-String soprano that was really good too. I would imagine a Kanile'a soprano being great as well, although I don't have one (I do have a Kanile'a super soprano that I really like).

If you require a 14-fret join and 1.5" nut width, I think the Kanile'a is the only choice.

If you require a 14-fret join and 1.5" nut width, I think the Kanile'a is the only choice.

I do but I have way to many kanile'a ukulele's right now so, I need to try something else.

I have a build slot that I was going to use for one in February but I need something for between now and when they actually get it finished.

Very happy with my Kamaka soprano. You could probably pick up two Keli'i sopranos for the same price, too. ;)

if i had to just go and get one, my first choice would be a kamaka soprano. Ive just never heard anything bad about them. Pono is good, but i hear kamaka is just a higher grade. so ill second the kamaka choice.

If you are wanting to spend that kind of dough then the Kamaka deluxe Soprano is an amazing instrument. I had one and ended up selling it(wish I never did) and it was one of the sweetest sounding ukes I have played, I compared it to a regular Kamaka soprano and while similar the deluxe sounded nicer. Its expensive though.

Top Bottom