Wood Body Resonator ukulele comparo

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has anyone done a comparison of the various wood body resonators on the market? There is a huge price difference between the low and high ends $280-$2000+.
There should be enough of the Kala's, National's, Mya-Moe's and others in peoples hands. With the rampant spread of UAS, I'm certain someone has one of each.
Has anyone done a side by side video or other type of simultaneous review?

I have not seen a sideXside review, but I have played 'Lil Revs - I think he has had a National and now plays a Mya-Moe. SAweet! - I however am content with my $250 Kala.

Last edited:
I've had a national concert and now have a tenor Mya moe. Both are brilliant. If you want a woodier tone, the Mya moe will give it to you. The national is laminated. It's also quite heavy but really nicely constructed. The national had a beefier neck too. Both use national cones.

Thanks Ukester and Digiderdoo. I hope we get a few more owners to comment. I tried a National at a dealer in Houston once and didn't like it at all. It may have been that particular instrument.
I also tried Lil Rev's quilted maple Mya-Moe and tried to escape with it. (That skinny fellow is pretty strong.) I had a Mya-Moe on order but cancelled it when then the UAS went into remission. I might be heading towards a relapse.

Top Bottom