PDA

View Full Version : Lexington KY uke club

Colonel Uke
02-26-2013, 05:05 AM
It's been around a while, but hasn't been talked about much here on UU. There is a fairly active ukulele club in Lexington Kentucky called The Lexingtones. They had a nice write up in a local paper recently. We typically meet on Monday nights. Details can be found on their Facebook page under Lexingtones Uke Group.

http://southsidermagazine.com/2012/12/put-up-your-ukes-meet-the-lexingtones-ukulele-group/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/Lexingtones/?sid=0.1967434177772891

justinlcecil
02-26-2013, 11:28 AM
makes me wish i lived a little closer to lexington.

Chris Tarman
02-26-2013, 12:09 PM
I used to live in Lexington. It was 20 years ago when my wife was in grad school at UK. I didn't play ukulele back then, which takes some of the sting out of being WAY to late to join the club!
I liked Lexington. I wish we'd have had more income then. I didn't get to see much of Kentucky.

squawkersmccaw
02-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Cool! I just saw the article about this yesterday. I live in Lexington. Will be checking this out soon!

SeattleSean
02-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Nice - i just forwarded to my friend Samantha who lives in the Lex and is a uke dabbler. Thanks.

KyMojo
02-03-2017, 05:38 AM
We attended the Brown County Ukulele Festival last week and these folks were in the room across from us. Great group of people! We might have kind of crashed their party around midnight, and I brought my cajon (drum) in and started laying down a beat for them. It was funny to see there faces when all of a sudden they heard drums playing to their jam! One of the lady's look at me and proclaimed... "YOU ARE THE BEST!!!" lol. I will say, we didn't stay long, but one of the 3 or so songs I sat in with them was "Pretty Woman", and that song changes drastically when you go from no beat to drums kicking in, cause the song is very bass/snare heavy. It was nice to find out they were from Lexington, obviously by my name we are from Ky as well, just a couple hours drive, and I knew I was "home" when one of the ladies said "we have bourbon"!!! So, with that, can I proclaim that I am an honorary member of The Lexingtones???