WTB: Martin S-O

fabioponta

Reaction score
Hi friends,
I'm interested to buy some used Martin S-O. I live in Brazil and I used paypal. I bought many ukes from US in the last years with no problems. I used USPS Priority mail international and the shipping was great everytime. I don't liked the S-1 model.

Mahalo,
Fabio

Hi friends,
I'm interested to buy some used Martin S-O. I live in Brazil and I used paypal. I bought many ukes from US in the last years with no problems. I used USPS Priority mail international and the shipping was great everytime. I don't liked the S-1 model.

Mahalo,
Fabio

Here's a used one from Buffalo Brothers for $200.

http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/ukuleles.html

I agree with you , I don't like the S 1 model as much as the SO . I have an SO and I tried the S1 and I thought the S1 was very much like the SO except for the 19 fret fretboard. It looks way too big on the ukulele. I thought the two ukes sounded the same.
I think the 12 fret fretboard looks better , more traditional. They are a great deal if you can find one. I put side dots and fretboard dots on mine and it is much more playable for me.

There's an S-0 on eBay right now.

I agree with you , I don't like the S 1 model as much as the SO . I have an SO and I tried the S1 and I thought the S1 was very much like the SO except for the 19 fret fretboard. It looks way too big on the ukulele. I thought the two ukes sounded the same.
I think the 12 fret fretboard looks better , more traditional. They are a great deal if you can find one. I put side dots and fretboard dots on mine and it is much more playable for me.
All the specs on the S-O looks better than the S-1 model to me: shape, weight, material (on the nut and saddle) and SOUND. Very plunky on the S-O. I have one on the past, And I feel bad when I have to sell...

Top Bottom