New (to me) Uke Day

teruterubouzu

Reaction score
Well, it actually arrived on Monday, but I've been a bit too busy to start this thread.

Here's my new to me Ohana SK-38, purchased from fellow UUer, pdxuke. coolkayaker1 nudged me in this direction after I started a thread asking about vintage Martins. Thank you both!

It's a beautiful instrument and in brand new shape. pxduke wasn't joking around when he says he takes good care of his instruments.

It's grey here, so my iPhone snaps don't really do it justice.

tumblr_mivt9vnBui1s3n1tdo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mivt9vnBui1s3n1tdo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mivt9vnBui1s3n1tdo2_500.jpg

I was dutifully practicing with Uncle Rod's boot camp book and there were a few moments were it sang so sweetly and gave a hint of how amazing this ukelele can sound in the right hands. My ukulelezaza dreams are a ways off I guess, but this is still the perfect instrument for where I am at right now.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new ukulele! It definitely looks like a nice one. I'm sure you'll be able to coax all of the sweetness it has to give soon enough!

Good lookin' uke! I'll bet you'll be happy with this one. Was thinking about pulling the trigger on this myself; but just asleep at the switch, I guess. (How's THAT for mixing metaphors?!)

Looks beautiful! If I ever get the urge to pick up a soprano again, one of those will be on possibilities list.

I've got the SK38A a fabulous uke. Congrats you're gonna love it to bits
Cheers
Gary

Thanks everyone! I'm really thrilled with it. I'm partial to 20s-30s songs and this uke is perfect for that sound.

The soprano size does take a bit of getting used to. My kala concert will probably still be my main practice instrument because it's easier for me to learn chords on that size of neck.

Aloha TTB,
Congratulations on your score...looks very awesome...I am sure you will get many years of fun outta it....happy strummings...so what song are you playing first on it...

Congrats on getting such a fine uke. Enjoy that new uke rush! Hopefully you don't have anything else to do today.

Very cool! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations on your new uke. It is a classic style, perfect for the tin pan alley tunes.
-joe

It was my pleasure being custodian of this uke for the last several years. It is a marvelous instrument and I have nothing but praise for it. it was time for me to pass it on and i'm pleased that it will be living at your house! :) Enjoy!

Thanks again folks. I'm really loving this thing. I think I got new callouses on top of my old callouses from playing it so much this week.

Aloha TTB,
Congratulations on your score...looks very awesome...I am sure you will get many years of fun outta it....happy strummings...so what song are you playing first on it...
No new songs just yet. I am spending most of of my time learning chords and trying to get better at the basics. Building a good foundation as Uncle Rod says.

Congrats on getting such a fine uke. Enjoy that new uke rush! Hopefully you don't have anything else to do today.
Well as "luck" would have it I am sick with whatever crud seems to be floating around MN at the moment. Playing the uke was good medicine when I was out of the office yesterday.

It was my pleasure being custodian of this uke for the last several years. It is a marvelous instrument and I have nothing but praise for it. it was time for me to pass it on and i'm pleased that it will be living at your house! :) Enjoy!

Thank you Thom. It will be well cared for. Looking forward to your next NUD thread.

Last edited:
Looks beautiful, and I'm sure it's an instrument that you can love for a very long time. Congratulations.

Top Bottom