New-to-me banjo-uke - Gibson UB2

barefootgypsy

Reaction score
When I reached 1000 posts and asked how I should celebrate, someone said "buy a new uke" - and I said it was out of the question - then this one came over the horizon! It's a beautiful vintage Gibson UB2, and I bought it from Ukulelezaza.... now all I have to do is learn to play it like him! I haven't got UAS, honestly I haven't...... but this is vintage banjolele number 3......Gibson UB2 Zaza 1.jpgGibson UB2 Zaza 2.jpg

It's a beaut! Congratulations. What is the pot size on it?
It has an 8 inch pot! Thanks everyone for your comments - I am so pleased with this uke! It was the one banjo-uke that I really wanted, even though I've got a Dallas D..... it's very well-balanced and feels very light to play. There's a video of ukulelezaza (Remco) playing it - I'll sort it out and post it.....

Aloha Lesley,
Congratulations...wow what a score and a awesome deal girl....is it a Him? she looks real nice too...Happy strummings...

Aloha Lesley,
Congratulations...wow what a score and a awesome deal girl....is it a Him? she looks real nice too...Happy strummings...
Ha-ha, Stan! Alohaand thank you! It was you who told me to get a new uke! And I have...... I don't really go in for names for my ukes, but I must say, in banjo-ukes I think I now have Mummy Bear, Daddy Bear and Baby Bear..... this one's Mummy Bear! The Dallas is pretty masculine in design, somehow... and somewhat heavier. :)

What a beauty.

Congratulations! That very ukulele passed through my hands on its way to Ukulelezaza. I can say that it was in impressively fine condition. As for the mojo, I am always hoping for the same. Alas, nothing seems to work better than playing...a lot.

Congratulations! That very ukulele passed through my hands on its way to Ukulelezaza. I can say that it was in impressively fine condition. As for the mojo, I am always hoping for the same. Alas, nothing seems to work better than playing...a lot.
Hi hmgberg! Well, I'm trying to play it a lot! But I'd love to know more about it's history! Perhaps you could PM me - who you are (please!) and who you had it from! I'd love that! I'm practising the Formby strums on it.....:)

Top Bottom