I would love to hear the luthiers play!!

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Have you ever wondered how good of a player the guys making your ukes are?

I know Covered Bridge and Brad Donaldson posts a few short samples but I want a full song! How about Chuck, Rick, Allen, Wilie, and the rest!! It seems like the "K" Brand owners know how to play.

I also want a video from Andrew at HMS!! He's one of the biggest supporters but I haven't heard a video of him yet!

If you have any links of luthiers playing, please attach them to this thread.

Call out to the luthiers to attach their own videos! We wanna give you props for your playing and your building skills!!

I have seen Joe Souza and Rick Turner play..both pretty good..MGM is a good player uke, bass etc..

with the guys around me all the time it's pretty easy to not want to be in the videos...this is a riggio uke...but don't worry, Ill keep recording the real players.. the best builders are not usually the best players.. two very different things..my goal is to just get better at capturing the mojo...from those worthy of attention

I'm sure most of them play better than me (not saying much) but if it's anything like the guitar world I suspect that few of the "serious" luthiers are real master players - most of them are way too busy trying to keep up with production and the nature of the work means that your hands are often dirty, etc. so it's not always easy to just grab one of the finished ones in a quiet moment.

I remember reading a post from a custom guitar maker years ago where he was lamenting having picked up a customer's finished guitar to play a few licks without realizing that a bit of glue or solvent or something had gotten through or around his apron. He took the apron off to handle the finished guitar but didn't notice the spot on his shirt. He ended up refinishing the back of the guitar!

Now, the lucky dogs working in music stores - whole 'nuther story - those guys don't do anything but sit around and play all day - they should all be virtuosos... :music: :biglaugh:

John

Last edited:
with the guys around me all the time it's pretty easy to not want to be in the videos...this is a riggio uke...but don't worry, Ill keep recording the real players.. the best builders are not usually the best players.. two very different things..my goal is to just get better at capturing the mojo...from those worthy of attention

Great job Andrew.

Top Bottom