Savarez is making ukulele string

bluesuke

Reaction score
So I was at my local music store this afternoon. And they had a ukulele strung with some new strings from Savarez that they brought form the NAMM show. They are fantastic I guess they are not available yet but I can't wait tell they get them. Has anyone els had a chance to try them?

Have used them for years. They put out their uke sets last year. One of my favorite strings. They last an extremely long time.
Search for Savarez and you'll see a lot of discussions on them...been discussed a lot so this thread may just roll into those. Enjoy em!

So I was at my local music store this afternoon. And they had a ukulele strung with some new strings from Savarez that they brought form the NAMM show. They are fantastic I guess they are not available yet but I can't wait tell they get them. Has anyone els had a chance to try them?

Perry are these different from these?
http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/ukulele-strings-684/savarez-ukulele-strings-1130/?zenid=94js7mhahg66beo7r0vg1knnj7

BTW I'm loving my new Covered Bridge tenor. Thanks.

Hodge those are them I thought I stumbled on to something brand new. I guess I have been in the shop to much lately they had a new Koma strung with them. It sounded great and they felt really nice a little smaller diameter then the T2's but still had fairly high tension with a very nice balanced sound

BTW Thats music to my ears. It was our pleasure

Last edited:
Are they the 140R (Sop/Con) and the 150R (Tenor)? More info can be found on the Savarez site. And as mentioned previously, they have been available at Strings By Mail for almost a year and a half. Wondering if they introduced a new version and have not yet updated their site????

Are they the 140R (Sop/Con) and the 150R (Tenor)? More info can be found on the Savarez site. And as mentioned previously, they have been available at Strings By Mail for almost a year and a half. Wondering if they introduced a new version and have not yet updated their site????

The packaging look really similar but to be honest I'm not sure. My friends at the shop said that they were not available yet and that they had only gotten the one set. I will go by friday and try to get the numbers of the package. At any rate they will be the next set of strings I buy

What string do they use for a low G? I have a couple of the Corum wound strings, but dkcrown (Dana) said they've been discontinued.

Jeff, I'm using their Cantiga polished wound low G now and like them alot.

Savarez are the strings I use. However, I don't really play reentrant. Let us know how you like them!

I fitted some yesterday and made this video. Initial impressions are good, more projection. I'll add more words when I've given them more of a run...

Thanks for the comparison video--they sound so different from the aquillas. I used to love aquillas, but my tastes have changed lately, and I only like them for my soprano ohana now.

I fitted some yesterday and made this video. Initial impressions are good, more projection. I'll add more words when I've given them more of a run...

I just strung a set of Savarez 150R's on a Pono tenor, and the 'A' string seems to have really high tension. However, I also have a set of these on my Moore Bettah tenor, and the tension feels good. I notice that the Stringsbymail website shows the 'A' string diameter in the 150R set to be 0.52mm, but the new set I just received has revised diameters and tensions listed on the back and now both the 'A' and 'G' are listed as 0.57mm. Instead of the previously listed 4.3 kg tension on the 'A' (for the 0.52mm), it is now shown as 5.1 kg.

I had considered using the Craig Brandau set that incorporates the 541R, 542R, and 543R strings, but the 541R is actually 0.62mm diameter. Won't this have even higher tension than the 150R set, or are the 540R series a different density string than the 150R? Anyone using the 540R trebles think their 'A' string is too high tension?

-Steve

Top Bottom