Shop Minute Videos

aaronckeim

Reaction score
Hey luthier friends. I have been doing short vids from the Mya-Moe shop. For many of you pros, there won't be much new to you. But, I imagine some hobby builders and beginners may find some useful tidbits. Much of it is about tooling and basic production setups. They are quick and dirty from my cell phone.

Here is the playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3VuJuMPhbc&list=PL20DC242C6F0E4A7A

I liked them, but found myself wishing they were in a wider format. It felt like I had tunnel vision.
Also, I felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth from a few that were a bit less than 60 seconds in length. (joke...)

Great job...I really enjoy these.

So who kicked whose #%& in the parking lot?
Kidding, of course.

I like the in-the-rough quality of these - unpolished glimpses into the shop. Thanks for pointing these out on the forum.

(Later...). I just went back to YouTube and found a whole mess of these that didn't come up with the link in your original post (that might just be my dumb smart phone, though). Lots of good stuff. A very clever way to keep the brand "out there" and educate your consumers. Thanks again. Okay, back to YouTube...

Last edited:
Thanks friends- FIY, they are shot on my iphone and uploaded directly to youtube while I work on the next uke. I know they would be better on the real camera, but I like the format of a quick and dirty shot right from the shop that I don't have to put on the computer and then youtube.

Anyone have any requests or ideas for more vids?

I'd love to see a quick walkaround of the outside of your shop, Aaron. The building, the setting, the view.

Last edited:
Hmmm... The one about the two different pick-ups left me kind of wanting to hear a sound comparison between the two. Of course two instruments will sound different, but even so, I am curious to hear the two pick-ups side by side.

And I'd love to see a minute or two about the Beansprout.

Liam- You have to be pretty careful with those cords when you pull the router out, but it is a better system than we used to have. It is worth it when you consider the time it would take to reset those bits everytime we routed!

Thanks for the ideas everyone, I will get to those soon.

I always enjoy the Shop Minute videos! Keep 'em coming.

I also like Gordon's weekly Unshaven series.

;)

Nice workshop. It makes me realize what a manufacturing mess my workshop is....and I set up manufacturing lines for a living! Guess its like the painter's house always needing paint.
I hope you can fix all the damage that Gordon did to your work area lol

Top Bottom