The Video!

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I am starting shooting the build video this weekend. There will be no excerpts available for public view on YouTube. if you want to be a reviewer, effectively a third party editor, please email me to my business account and I will put you on the access list. However to prevent piracy you will only have access to 3 excerpts, not in any order - I'm sorry to have to do this but I could buy a a lifetime's supply of koa if I got a dollar every time I meet someone who says "I've learnt so much from your videos...."

Pete, I would certainly be one to owe you that dollar. For now I'll put it into an account to wait for the finished video. Can't wait to hear how this project evolves.

This Year i'm planning doing a complete build video also....But it won't be a uke..it will be the extention on the workshop:D

'bout time Ken! I used to make ukes in a very small space and now, having spent the past week in a small workshop of a friend, don't quite know how I managed it!

I am starting shooting the build video this weekend. There will be no excerpts available for public view on YouTube. if you want to be a reviewer, effectively a third party editor, please email me to my business account and I will put you on the access list. However to prevent piracy you will only have access to 3 excerpts, not in any order - I'm sorry to have to do this but I could buy a a lifetime's supply of koa if I got a dollar every time I meet someone who says "I've learnt so much from your videos...."

Forgive my ignorance to something previously mentioned, but are you planning to sell the entire build video?

3 DVDs actually - the straightforward build, tools and jigs and advance techniques... First one up will be the build start to finish beginning with jointing for resawing - timber preparation for UK readers involving how to use a hand plane, square and straight edge; something that is probably going to be quite foreign to a lot of builders since I only use one type of plane for all sizes of timber - a #7 try-plane :) Oh and there will be a segment on double bevel sharpening ;)

Last edited:
When I first read this I thought this was going to be about the shooting board video....Pete are you still planning on doing that separately?

Top Bottom