FS: Collings UT2 K

jsbsound

Reaction score

For sale Collings UT2 K, serial #880 purchased in April of 2012.

This is a great ukulele. Collings workmanship is unmatched. It is executed to perfection. The ukulele and case are in as new condition. The sound is full, punchy, resonant with lots of sustain so the notes can be worked with great finesse. It loves vibrato.
What attracted me to this uke apart from other UT2 K's (which are actually rare) was the faux tortoise shell binding which I've only seen on one other of this model. I think it adds elegant understatedness.

I'm selling it because I've decided to move away from expensive ukes to more moderately priced instruments and also away from tenors to concerts.
Beautiful curly koa top back and sides, rosewood fret board, bridge and peg head overlay. Peghed geared tuners and custom case. This uke is really light and with 13 frets to the body the bridge ends up in a great spot. I have it strung with D'Addario Titaniums which give it very mellow sound while keeping the top end sparkle.

I'm asking $1700 + shipping. Shipped from The Big Island so take that into consideration. Could possibly trade for a Collings koa concert.
Please PM with questions. Thanks, JB

Here's the Flickr link for more pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90798875@N07/sets/72157632175783483/

Attachments

• IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1389.jpg
    IMG_1389.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1400.jpg
    IMG_1400.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Proud New Owner

I'm the proud new owner of jsbsound's Collings UT2 K, and what a beautiful, elegant and sweet sounding tenor this is. I know it will only get better as I get used to the bigger size and the nuances of this uke, and the uke gets used to the cold damp Pacific Northwest after dwelling so happily in the tropical warmth of Hawaii !

I just wanted to send a shout-out to jsbsound. Very easy to deal with, smooth transaction and super fast delivery. I only picked the ukulele up today, but I'm not disappointed and she is exactly as described in the posting.

I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again. jsbsound has made me a very happy man.

Thanks so much!! and Congrats. That's a super fine instrument. Maybe the last uke you'll ever need.

Top Bottom