Wanted: Circuit of reviewers?

DewGuitars

Reaction score
This is something done in the guitar world from time to time, and I don't know if it's been done in the ukulele world, but I'm going to propose it here.

I've been toying with the idea of getting more into building ukes than guitars, but other than my Smiley-Ukes, I haven't really built any. I'm going to be making a couple of tenors soon (possibly other sizes as well) and will be looking for opinions on their quality from some of the members of this forum.

What I'm thinking of doing is making a list of willing testers (probably Senior Members here) to give feedback on one of those ukuleles.

Here's how it will work:

I will ship one or both of the ukes to the first person on the list, who will put it through some hard playing for a week or so. They will then ship it to the next person on the list, and so on.

I will cover the cost of shipping in all cases via PayPal or whatever method works for the person shipping.

I would only ask that they give me a review of the instrument posted here on the forum (Review section) in a single thread that I will set up for the project, including a short video of them playing it. I am looking for honest appraisals of every aspect of the instrument, from fit and finish, to tone and playability.

I will have to limit the shipping to the continental U.S. due to shipping costs though.

I will be producing some polls here to get an idea what kinds of things people are looking for in their ukes, and will build the ukes to suit as many of those favorite aspects as possible.

Are there many people out there who would be interested in being on this Reviewer List?

Thanks,

Don Williams

Last edited:
I'd love to participate. I love tinkering so you can probably count on me trying two or three or ten different string sets before sending it on... :)

John

Great idea! I'd be happy to participate.

I live in NJ and am a stay-at-home Dad so I have plenty of time to do reviews.

Scooter

I would love to help out. I write for a living, so I can spare a few (or more) words for a review. :)

Good luck!

Wonderful idea, and I would be more than pleased to review a uke or two for you.

Best wishes on the project(s).

Count me in- I guarantee hard playing, too.

Well I will take one anytime.....and do a full reveiw...
I know you said Continental U.S. but if you send one to Mike, I can drive over and pick it up from him, and then send it on its way...I will use it and make a Seasons video or something too!

I would love to participate.

You should also figure out what market you are trying to reach and find reviewers in that market ie, if you are going to sell your ukes for $2,000, I would like to find reviewers that own or played ukes in that range.

I'm sure Mercedes would never ask me to do a review of their car but if Toyota calls, I'm there! hehe

Aloha Don,
Put me on the Honolulu Hawaii list man....mahalo
Yeah, send it to Mike, then I'll pick it up, deliver it to Stan, then I will send it on its way!
There, now shipping to HI is not that expensive when you get THREE reviewers for the price of one!

Yeah, send it to Mike, then I'll pick it up, deliver it to Stan, then I will send it on its way!
There, now shipping to HI is not that expensive when you get THREE reviewers for the price of one!

Well......maybe to Hawaii... I'll think about it. You do make a good point.
I have plenty of time to decide I guess.

Hey Don,
I'd be more than happy to test and review one of your new ukes :drool:. I won't be buying any for awhile as I totaled my car this week.
UAS is in serious remission and I do have a few nice tenors to compare it to.

I'm over near Albany, NY. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

My local Uke group also has several pro and pro-caliber musicians as members, so I can get their opinions, as well.

-Kurt​

I'm over near Albany, NY. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

My local Uke group also has several pro and pro-caliber musicians as members, so I can get their opinions, as well.

-Kurt​

Wow Kurt, you're just a hop, skip, and a jump away from me. I grew up in the Utica area myself. Have a cousin in Schenectady.

A Lichty uke made the rounds. I would love to see them.
If I am on list just message me.
I will do a full review on my site also

As for the shipping schedule, once you have a list of reviewers you could ship to the person closest to you. That person will then ship to the next closest person, etc... That way, shipping would be less expensive than criscrossing the country.

Scooter

Top Bottom