New(ly relocated) Uke Day! Brüko Baritone

Macmuse

Reaction score
Time to change the signature again. :)

What should I see when I was searching eBay for baritones about week or two ago but this lovely mahogany Brüko, with pick-up no less!

Not the best light so the pics are a tad grainy. I missed grabbing the much better pics from the listing before I negotiated the purchase. :\

Currently strung with amazing Southcoast strings in dGBE (thanks for that coolkayaker1). I think I'm going to have to try some Southcoast on the LoPrinzi as well at some point.

brüko1.jpgBrüko2.jpgBrüko3.jpg

Congrats. I pined after that Bari for a while. She's a beauty.

Congrats. I pined after that Bari for a while. She's a beauty.

Quite a beauty indeed. Really, none of the photos do justice to the grain on this gorgeous baritone. And darnit... that maple super soprano... sigh. Sooooooo tempting.

Last edited:
MacMuse astutely contacted me through UU about the eBay listing (why give those fees to nasty eVilBay!) and I'm happy to pass on the instrument to someone on eBay. MacMuse, you've been a real pleasure to meet online.

I agree, those all nylon (man, I dislike wound strings) SouthCoast Heavies in dGBE are out of this universe. It was DrBekken on UU, actually, who suggested I try that set-up. I now have them on my two other baritones. I'm just a re-entrant guy, I guess. lol

You can snip those tails off the Bridge Bone Beads (made for looks and to protect the tie bridge from string cuts) if you prefer. I like how you curly Q'ed the head strings.

Honestly, of all the geared tuners I have ever had on any ukulele (and I am a friction tuner fan, in general), those matte black Schaller tuners are absolutely the bomb! So "boss", and yet lightweight.

You'll make it sing, MacMuse, because it sounds from our emails that you are a guitar player, too. Sweet!

Cheers, and thanks for being you.

:mad: It was almost mine!
Congrats! :D
After you got it, I went to the Bruko site to order one directly from Germany...
...and it looks like they are no longer available! :eek:
If you click on any of the Baritone links, it comes back "Product not found!"

After you got it, I went to the Bruko site to order one directly from Germany...

No, they have them, because I asked :-0 They sent me two pictures of Barrys they had for sale. BTW, they had geared tuners. I'm just so happy with what I have that I resisted the urge to order one from Germany...

MacMuse astutely contacted me through UU about the eBay listing (why give those fees to nasty eVilBay!) and I'm happy to pass on the instrument to someone on eBay. MacMuse, you've been a real pleasure to meet online.

I agree, those all nylon (man, I dislike wound strings) SouthCoast Heavies in dGBE are out of this universe. It was DrBekken on UU, actually, who suggested I try that set-up. I now have them on my two other baritones. I'm just a re-entrant guy, I guess. lol

You can snip those tails off the Bridge Bone Beads (made for looks and to protect the tie bridge from string cuts) if you prefer. I like how you curly Q'ed the head strings.

Honestly, of all the geared tuners I have ever had on any ukulele (and I am a friction tuner fan, in general), those matte black Schaller tuners are absolutely the bomb! So "boss", and yet lightweight.

You'll make it sing, MacMuse, because it sounds from our emails that you are a guitar player, too. Sweet!

Cheers, and thanks for being you.

That Barry was a Beauty, Steve!

Ive got two sets of Dirks dGBE and one goes immediately on that Martin when it arrives!

When Herr Pfieffer only has a couple, I think he sells them in his shop rather than online. But, he'll send you pics if you wish. It's the shipping plus customs, Paul, that'll slay you/ Ordering one or two ukes from Bruko is cost prohibitive...get ready to order three or more at a whack to make it palatable. lol

When Herr Pfieffer only has a couple, I think he sells them in his shop rather than online. But, he'll send you pics if you wish. It's the shipping plus customs, Paul, that'll slay you/ Ordering one or two ukes from Bruko is cost prohibitive...get ready to order three or more at a whack to make it palatable. lol

Not actually a problem for me...
...because HMS now has all my money! :D

It's the shipping plus customs, Paul, that'll slay you/ Ordering one or two ukes from Bruko is cost prohibitive...get ready to order three or more at a whack to make it palatable. lol

Well, that explains the wonderful and still terribly tempting selection you are letting go of. :)

And thanks for doing that, btw, so I can enjoy this great instrument without all that pain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom