Confession: I played uke chords on a guitar and I liked it...;-)

Ukunewb

Reaction score
Soo, I played my little uke for 2 months and decided I wanted a guitar too. My 50th!!! birthday rolls around and I bought that guitar.

And after spending several hours plucking and chunking my guitar and feeling a whole lot more inept than I EVER did on my uke, I got out my Daily Ukulele songbook and turned to Blue Hawaii, one of my favorite songs.

And I played it, uke chords, strumming only the top 4 strings NO CAPO!

It sounded amazing. I love the steel guitar sustain on that song. I'm going to try some other songs too.

A confession I'm proud of.

My ukulele has become a comforting place when guitar gets too frustrating.

Music has got to be one of the most ridiculously creative mediums EVUH!

If guitar confessions are the order of the day, I can admit to using a triplet strum more often than I should on the guitar. Makes people stare.

Carry on the good work.

you really shouldnt play a guitar like that. its just not right.

elvis wouldnt appreciate it at all

48 and just bought my first guitar! And yes, I can play it, thanks to all my putzing around with the bari uke, before restringing. I may restring again, to standard bari tuning, as the experiment with the bottom four has gone well.:shaka:

I often put a capo on the 5th fret of my 12-string guitar and play uke songs on that using the uke fingerings. I like the different sound that produces at times.

Try and use those bass strings to your advantage. That's the point of a guitar, after all!

My tiny video

Here's a you tube I made of my guitar played as uke (without Capo). It's just a few badly done bars of Blue Hawaii, with a couple of the cutest shots of my dog ... The cutest shots are strategically placed in positions where I have a hard time finding the uke chords on the guitar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-RTqEcg1dk&feature=youtu.be

I've played uke for 2 months and guitar for a whole week. But my little video makes me smile ;-).

Yes, I know, I know. The guitar is about the bass strings. But for me, the uke is about comfort and happiness, so I go there even on my guitar ;-). :eek:

Top Bottom