New Uke!

kevin54

Reaction score
Hello,
Just got my second uke last week, a tenor Islander purchased from HMS! I've only been playing for about 2 months and already have a concert Lanikai LU-21C. I really love the size of the tenor and I also like the spacing of the strings with the slightly larger nut on the Islander for picking. HMS did a great job with the set up. The case that came with it is also very nice!
Kevin

Attachments

• KFG_2559web.jpg
    KFG_2559web.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 54
Aloha Kevin,
Congrats on your new Islander...I played one at HMS....sounds nice...Happy strummings..

Very pretty. I love how the wood just seems to glow. Congrats!

Dan

Nice Uke Kevin. Seems like you picked a good one from a place that cares. I'm sure this won't be the last. When I first started a couple of years ago, I swore I wouldn't collect a bunch like I did guitars. Well... I have six now.

Congrats. I've had the Islander MT-4 for a little over a year now. You will love it. It's quite comfy and for this price range has a satisfying sound that will keep you practicing.

Thanks all! I really do enjoy practicing on this Islander each day. So much to learn, but there is so much info out there, especially on these forums. I think I know what you all mean about getting multiple ukuleles - I can see them becomming addictive! :eek:
Kevin

Congratulations, Kevin! Islander is a terrific uke.
When you get a chance, try different brands of strings.
You'll be amazed how many different flavors of music live inside one uke.

Congrats on your new uke. Hope you don't have any other plans this weekend!

It's a sickness. But a happy sickness. Sweet pickins.

I really like my Islander, and I'm glad to see they have changed their headstock sticker to something a bit more understated than what is on mine.

Top Bottom