A short test drive of a 1950s plastic TV Pal ukulele.

Ha! Thank you very much. I am blown away with how good this thing sounds. I just changed the strings. I'll have to do a comparison video. Oh, I guess I'm not the only one that has a filthy vellum! Is the back of your resonator backplate dealy really worn at the top from sweat/arm friction? Mine will probably need to be replaced at some point. It's not too bad for 87 years old though...

Hey, Roll Over Beethoven! Elise as you've never heard her before! Beautiful! That plastic uke has a really funky sound all its own, doesn't it! I'd be pleased to own that, congratulations! :)

barefootgypsy - Thanks! Yes, this uke definitely has its own personality. Sounds waaayyy better than I could have ever thought it would. I highly recommend!

friendlyfred - Thank you very much. I've never played an Ovation before but I am really starting to dig these plastic ukuleles. I have an Islander on the way which is supposed to be one of the best plastic ukes you can get. We shall see..... Thanks for watching!

Nice Johnny! Playing and uke! I gotta keep practicing my triples! :)

One day I'll pick up one of these. I have no vintage plastic!

Sounds wonderful! I recently acquired an old Maccaferri banjo uke and was pleasantly surprised at how good it sounds. Time for a plastic uke renaissance!

pdxuke - The triplet has to be the most versatile uke trick in the book. I can't imagine how I ever played without it! :) Vintage plastic is where it's at. I have an old Islander on the way that i supposed to be the king daddy of plastic ukes. Thanks for watching!

RichM - Thanks a lot! I had wondered about the plastic banjo ukes. A lot of them seem to have sunk in the middle making for lots of buzzes etc. Only bad thing about the plastic ukes is there really is no way to fix them! They sure do look great though! And the history really makes me geek out a little! :)

Way Cool Johnny!

Outstanding Johnny...just goes to show you that a real good player can make any uke sound good!

I gotta start working on that triplet! Any good tutorials out there?

Cheers!

Hikingstevo - Ah, another plastic uke lover! I can't believe I am just now realizing this is a thing. They do sound pretty cool but even more so I just think they are fun to play (more so than a regular uke if that is possible!)

Top Bottom