TIP: Easy record yourself with webcam

Does anyone not record directly from webcam to Youtube?

lol No easier way for one-take vids. No fussy cameras and memory sticks. Agree, the editing right on youtube is pretty keen, too, beat.

Now, if there's software that allows one to play a two minute song without errors in less than a hundred takes...

lol No easier way for one-take vids. No fussy cameras and memory sticks. Agree, the editing right on youtube is pretty keen, too, beat.

Now, if there's software that allows one to play a two minute song without errors in less than a hundred takes...
Interesting - I didn't realise you can edit directly on Youtube! My Youtubes are raw - very raw! Must look into it, thanks!

And for those who shudder at the thought of being on youtube, but would like to record to measure progress or share with a friend on a less worldwide scale, the free software Picasa has a nice little webcam feature that allows clipping the beginning and/or end of a recorded video and exporting. Simple but handy. The webcam feature is Windows only, I think, and doesn't boast nearly the cool features that youtube offers.

Boy, 100 takes is right!

For those of you who want to see how you sound...use your webcam...use this link.

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57409

You can setup your webcam and even upload quickly to Youtube if you like...otherwise you can delete afterwards if not happy...in youtube you can also split the beginning off if it has annoying pause when turning on webcam.

Cheers

Many thanks for that the tip. I've never tried to do this but will give it a go now.

aoooowch
I just ordered a hdcam today to record myself !
lol
Nevermind, I'll try this tip ! Dyou think we can add in this process an external microphone (like my zoom H1 ?)
Thanks for sharing it !

beat's right, you can, Lesley. Effects, captions, the whole schpeel, right on Youtube! And, can even crop out that untimely sneeze right after the last note. lol
You can crop out? I looked at the editing yesterday but I didn't see that - must look again...... thanks ......! :)

me. my webcam made me sound worse than i am.then i was using my webcam for the vid and mics for the audio. lots to set up. ended up buying a zoom q3hd which uploads straight to youtube.decent sound and i can record anywhere

Top Bottom