Mono ukulele case

justinlcecil

Reaction score
So I ordered an Oahu hard shell concert case from HMS for my covered bridge that is nearing completion. It had been a while since I ordered and it was still processing so I emailed Zach @ shipping. He explained of their mistake that they are out of oahu's til April. He offered me a mono m80 ukulele case instead at a discounted cost. That was good of him, but I know nothing about mono cases. Just wondering what you guys could offer on the subject.

- Justin Cecil

They are excellent highly protective gigbags. In some ways they are more protective then hardcases. If you are stacking stuff up on the case they may not hold up as well. However, for falling or taking a big knock I believe they are significantly better. They are also light and highly portable. I have one for my covered bridge concert and am very happy with it. I also have a guardian hardcase, which I no longer use.

Last edited:
I'd take the Mono. I have an RB Gig Case (very similar to Mono), that is similar, never had a Mono, but "hard" gig bags are much more utilitarian than a standard hard case for storage and portability. You can pack shirts and other things in it, it has backpack straps (I think, mine does), and it's super protective as jweties states.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I would get the Mono at a discounted price. The only reason why I picked the RB over the Mono is that I like backpack over the sling style straps. Either way, I like them over hard cases for travel.

I have a Mono for my Kanilea tenor. Love mine. Great protection and more storage then an Oahu case.

I believe I have given in. I have always been a hard case kind of guy. I am going to try to negotiate a reunion blues case from them. I believe I prefer the backpack straps to the sling.

Nice I would of gone with the reunion blues one to..
but do you know about the main designer for those bags? he left RB to go on his own.. he lives in Northern Calif..and makes some super nice leather ones custom for each uke..maybe it would be nice for an offshape uke like yours..

here is his website www.glenncronkhite.com

Last edited:
Looks like a bowling ball bag to me =) Not sure what you meant by an "off shape uke" like mine. The RB is going to house my Covered Bridge concert.

Looks like a bowling ball bag to me =) Not sure what you meant by an "off shape uke" like mine. The RB is going to house my Covered Bridge concert.

sorry I thought it was for the pineapple Wixom..I am confused..

Good choice on the rb case. I've had two of em. Concert and now tenor. I travelled internationally with my concert Mya moe in the rb and it was well protected and comfortable to carry.

I thought you might. =) That was a pretty little Wixom uke. Did you see the fit of that uke crazy case? It was almost as if Willie is building them to fit that case.

Is the RB case as water resistant as the Mono case? I like the Mono, but it looks like you can't tuck the shoulder strap away. I travel on trains, here in Japan, and I think the strap might get caught on the luggage rack.

justinlcecil, thanks for making me aware of HMS carrying the Reunion Blue Continental case...I love the case, own one now, want another, but did not know they carried it. I already contacted Andrew at HMS -- the "check is in the mail", as they say, to upgrade from the Oahu hard case to the RB Continental for my uke that is shipping in the next few weeks from HMS.

Thanks, man! You will not be disappointed, I assure you, justinlcecil

Top Bottom