Who's excited to hear the winners in HMS's Trivia Contest/Pono Giveaway?

Sporin

Reaction score
I played every day, did lots of link tweeting, and did ok on the questions themselves. Can't wait to find out if I got lucky!!!

{fingers crossed} :D :D

Pono_Giveaway_copy2.jpg

http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukulele-trivia-contest:iwant:

I'm excited too. I know I won't win, because I didn't send the links to anyone. (I just generally don't send links unless it's something I know the linkee is interested in.)

But I had a lot of fun with the questions and learned a lot!

I only missed one question, and got a good amount of people to go enter through my link, I really hope things work in my favor xD good luck to everyone else~!!!

I have most of the questions correct, but didn't do anything else to gain points like invite people. Since I guess there will be others out there who do that kind of stuff, I don't think I'll win anything. But it was fun, some answers were really hard to find.

I have gain a lot on uke knowledge. I think i have an outside chance of winning. I got a few wrong and was just getting good at it. Its a funny contest. From what i understand one can get all his questions wrong and still win if one invited a lot of friends to participate. Seems to be easier than searching through the net for hours to find the right answer. I could have easily done that as i meet many new and dfifferent people in the course of my work each day. But i think it goes against the spirit of the trivial. Good luck to all of you.

I only missed one question, and got a good amount of people to go enter through my link, I really hope things work in my favor xD good luck to everyone else~!!!

Well done! My guess would be that should put you in the running. I was hoping I'd still be in with a chance - and then I got a second question wrong.. oh well. And the folks who would have seen my shared links (twitter, facebook) are in general not likely to have boosted by "friends and family" bonus by entering themselves.... even though I asked! ;)

Good luck - can't wait until tomorrow or Sunday for the results!

Well let's do the math...
13,599 entries. If you got the answer right, you got 4 or 5 points. If you entered every day and got every question right that means 15 days x 4 points = 60 points.

So if you just entered once and got the question wrong, you still got one point.

1 point / 13599 entries = .007% chance of your name being drawn
60 points /13599 entries = .4% chance.

The people who shared links AND got all the questions correct may have an edge, but probably not much of one.

Of course, since they are only picking four prizes, that does not leave many chances for the odds to average out.

Still, the odds of winning this contest if you entered are still much better than the lottery.

Good luck everyone!

I have gain a lot on uke knowledge. I think i have an outside chance of winning. I got a few wrong and was just getting good at it. Its a funny contest. From what i understand one can get all his questions wrong and still win if one invited a lot of friends to participate. Seems to be easier than searching through the net for hours to find the right answer. I could have easily done that as i meet many new and dfifferent people in the course of my work each day. But i think it goes against the spirit of the trivial. Good luck to all of you.
The most points allowed for referrals is 10. Early on I switched some things so the trivia would matter. Worth more, no point for guessing. I didn't want it to be a popularity contest or networking strategy.
Thanks for playing guys. Hang tight, were working on it.
What to do this month? Anyone got a cool idea? That trivia was kind of hard. It's so easy to look stuff up nowadays. Hard to be challenging.

A test of Strength! :p

Are you looking for a challenge
that requires skill or no skill,
How many ukuleles in the store?

Last edited:
fun educational contest...I batted 1.000 but it was not easy...many of the answers were buried in walls of text and in most cases it was an educated guess...

I facebooked everyday and tweeted a coupla days...etc., but I am not sure where I will fall...Either way it was generous...by AK and HMS...and fun...I found myself staying up to 1 am at times to get a head start on answerring the next day's question...

I have no idea about the next one...but games are fun...just not sure other than trivia...maybe music based...like who is this? or who sang this...or who wrote this...or what kind of ukulele do they play with?

The most points allowed for referrals is 10. Early on I switched some things so the trivia would matter. Worth more, no point for guessing. I didn't want it to be a popularity contest or networking strategy.
What to do this month? Anyone got a cool idea? That trivia was kind of hard. It's so easy to look stuff up nowadays. Hard to be challenging.

Thats good to know. I have to give it to you. I thought one could find anything on the net these days. Some of the info really took a long time to search and find.

Well let's do the math...

1 point / 13599 entries = .007% chance of your name being drawn
60 points /13599 entries = .4% chance.

Wait, I may be wrong but this contest is not based on a lottery system or is it? As far as I got it, the person with the most points is 1st, second most points is 2nd and so on, there is no random draw, or is there? So if you got 1 point your chances of winning are actually 0%. The site says something about random drawing only, if two people tie for one of the prizes.

Wait, I may be wrong but this contest is not based on a lottery system or is it? As far as I got it, the person with the most points is 1st, second most points is 2nd and so on, there is no random draw, or is there? So if you got 1 point your chances of winning are actually 0%. The site says something about random drawing only, if two people tie for one of the prizes.

Nto a lottery system unless there is a tie, from the page...

We did this contest in conjunction with Rafflecopter and they are providing us with results for 100% accuracy. We all know the top four are getting a new beautiful instrument, but if there are ties we will follow the guidelines in our rules-

(With any ties the winner will be selected in a random drawing among those with the same score. The random drawing will be conducted using random.org. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 24 hours after the contest ends. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification)

I'm positive I'm not in the top 4 so no win for me but I still had a lot of fun. :)

It was a good contest! I can't imagine what the next will be. Thanks for holding it!

Top Bottom