Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel1972

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD!

Hello all,

I'm going to be thinning my uke stable a bit because of new acquisitions on the way. The first up is my Covered Bridge all Myrtle Tenor with walnut bindings. This uke has lots of finish cracking, and I've tried to capture that in the pics, but they are extremely hard to photo. There are also other blemishes, like glue showing, etc that I've also tried to show in the photos. If you are looking for perfect fit and finish, this uke is not for you.

It's a great playing and sounding uke, and an excellent deal for someone who might want to try out their first uke from an excellent small builder like the guys at Covered Bridge.

I'm asking $200, which includes the Uke Crazy case, shipping to the CONUS (please don't ask about outside the CONUS for now) and while I require paypal, I will cover those fees.

See here for a sound sample from the builders: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dbUhYKynNQ

IMG_9715.jpgIMG_9721.jpgIMG_9722.jpgIMG_9723.jpgIMG_9724.jpg

Last edited:
Few more pics. Finish cracks are clear on the pics of the neck. There are other cracks like this, but these are the easiest to photo.

IMG_9732.jpgIMG_9731.jpgIMG_9733.jpg

Any idea what caused the crazing/cracks in the finish?

I only ask because there have been a number of CB build threads, and the finish work always looks impeccable.

Cheers.

I'm not really sure, but the uke was shipped in the dead of winter to Boston, so I'd always assumed that was the reason.

Any idea what caused the crazing/cracks in the finish?

I only ask because there have been a number of CB build threads, and the finish work always looks impeccable.

Cheers.

I hate that your CB has finish cracks. It's still absolutely stunning and WAY under the money. I am far too tempted by this. I'll have to remind myself that i have a CB being built and that it's near completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom