Season 55 Location, Location, Location

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Season 55 – Location, Location, Location.

OK for Season 55 your song must have a place name in the title and be mostly about that place or something that happened (or could happen) there.
The “map” of the universe is also fair game so you can go extra-terrestrial if you feel so inclined.
Original songs are fine and encouraged.
Ukulele is what this place is all about so that should be the main instrument and I do want to see the face/s of the performer/s somewhere during the video.
Mention the Season somewhere somehow.
Bonus videos? OK, but just ONE please.
That’s all. So if I haven’t mentioned it consider it OK.
If it's on a map I'm happy.
So I guess that could include oceans, lakes, parks, streets, freeways, even specific buildings or bridges as well.
Google shows ALL.
All would be OK.

I am aiming for a large number of participants this Season.
As far as I have discovered the record number of entries is 48 or there abouts.
I would LOVE to get 50 entries.
So please if you are reading this and haven’t ever participated - JOIN IN THE FUN and become a SEASONISTA. Encourage everyone you know to join in.

Official Entries Playlist

Bonus Playlist

PRIZES – Yes I have prizes for the three entries mentioned the most by participant’s votes. I have tree Australian themed T-Shirts. Most mentioned gets first pick – 2nd most mentioned gets second pick – 3rd most mentioned gets what’s left. Shirts are XL size only I’m afraid – I figured too big was better than too tight.

Judging will be done by those who enter
VOTING – by posting a reply to the Season 55 thread when the season ends.
You get to name your 4 (four) favourite performances from the season.
No I’m not taking PMs this time.
If you want to vote you have to let us all know which ones you liked best.
And if you don’t vote you can’t win.
You don’t have to give any explanation (but of course can do so) simply list the 4 that appealed most to you.

Last edited:
Now then - just so happens I've been practising a song that would fit this ...... If it hasn't already been done by my next set of days off, I'll give it a go. Might have to break the rules on posting my face though, so it'll be a bonus entry:D

Now then - just so happens I've been practising a song that would fit this ...... If it hasn't already been done by my next set of days off, I'll give it a go. Might have to break the rules on posting my face though, so it'll be a bonus entry:D
Oh Keith, please, show your face! I was terrified the first time - once you've done it once, it's ok... don't hide! All friends here! :)

I have a couple in mind. In one, the "place" is a river. Would a river be OK? (As long as it's a specific river, of course)

Doesn't matter if it's not. I have thought of some more songs, so will have an entry and some bonuses.

Last edited:
I have a couple in mind. In one, the "place" is a river. Would a river be OK? (As long as it's a specific river, of course)

Doesn't matter if it's not. I have thought of some more songs, so will have an entry and some bonuses.

how about the salley gardens, specifically, down by them?

If it's on a map I'm happy.
So I guess that could include oceans, lakes, parks, streets, freeways, even specific buildings or bridges as well.
Google shows ALL.
All would be OK.

Wallyboy - you got there first! Top job mate!

well done wallyboy ! sounds great !

I am quite used to not getting what I want so it would still be acceptable.
But we would rather see you.
How about a silhouette shot with bright light behind.

I am quite used to not getting what I want so it would still be acceptable.
But we would rather see you.
How about a silhouette shot with bright light behind.

I'll see if I can come up with a compromise :D

But I'm practising, as it's a song I remember from my very early days - and if my memory isn't playing tricks on me, I'm pretty sure I had the honour of hearing the original artist playing it!

No pressure then!

Roll on Wednesday.....

Oh poo. I've been practising the same song as wallboy since I saw the theme of this week. :(
Great job of it wallboy.

isn't season 54 still going on?

Yeah. It sure is and there is a good chance that The Cloverdale Kid will get 50 official entries for his great theme of Birds. I know you have a beaut video in there strumsilly.
But for those who haven't participated please do - you still have time as it ends 12:00 Midnight Sunday Hawaii time.

But if you haven't voted for season 53 it is still being done
And well season 50 hasn't been resolved yet either.
But people who frequent forums can cope with that, right?
As far as I have seen there has more or less always been an overlap of a day (or more depending where on the planet you are) with the seasons.

Last edited:
Thanks for kicking the season off wallyboy.
Hats always improve a performance I say.
Lots of chords that you have mastered well.
Cheers, Pa

cheers brizz,
funny thing is i pulled this off the webb last night as a song to learn and you came up with a theme that fitted song....crazy,

Top Bottom