Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel1972

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD!

Hello all,

I've taken some new pictures of this instrument, so I'm closing the old post and re-posting here. Original post is here: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...S-Collings-UT2-Koa-Tenor-Uke-with-MiSi-pickup

For sale is a Collings UT2 in koa. It is in excellent condition, but it has been played (a lot) and does have some strum marks exactly where you'd expect to find them. They are impossible to photograph (at least for me) and even with the naked eye, you need just the right angle to see them, but they are there.

I had Bob Stubblebine, a local luthier in Cambridge install a Mi-Si Acoustic Trio pickup, who also fashioned a custom saddle to add some compensation for my preferred low G tuning. Bob did a fantastic job (I'm sure other UUers in the area can vouch for him) but if the compensated saddle is not something you want he told me it could be easily reversed. Uke is currently strung with Southcoast linear flat wounds, which sound great on this uke.

It's a fantastic instrument, easy to play, great sound, sustain, light as a feather, just a joy. I don't really have a setup to do a sound sample (I've tried and the audio quality from my computer mike stinks), but it lives up to the Collings name.

I do not have the original case. I really didn't care for the case the Collings came, with, so I replaced it with an Ameritage gold case and this sale includes that case. One thing to note on the Ameritage is that the hygrometer that came was broken, but I will include a replacement, new in the box. The humidifier and dehumidifying packets that came with the case will be included.

I'm asking $1600, firm, which includes shipping to the CONUS and paypal fees. If you're in the Boston area (I'm in Brookline) and want to pick it up, talk to me and we can work out a discount on that for saving me the cost and trouble of shipping.

Thanks for looking (again) and PM me with any questions.
IMG_9753.jpgIMG_9746.jpgIMG_9750.jpgIMG_9749.jpgIMG_9747.jpg

Last edited:
Damn it! I only just saw this.

Considering that it comes with a Gold Ameritage Case and a Misi Pickup, that's an awesome price!! I'm not a big fan of the Collings case, except that it's smaller than other hard cases.

You selling anything else? :p

This uke just walked out the door with Dana (dkcrown). What a great guy, and I'm so happy this uke is going to someone who will really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom