Shared a cab with my wife

Toucan Mango

Reaction score
My wife & I took a Valentine vacation, First time to Hawaii with out at least 1 of our kids in 27 years. :cool:

So we relaxed for the most part, but there was a couple of items we wanted to pick up, She waited in line to get a leonard's fix, and after a few calls to some near by locations I went to Dan's Guitars & got an ukulele fix.

She was happy, I was happy. ;)074.jpg019.jpg021.jpg

Schweeet. Now that's the kind of "tourist uke" I can go for... :drool:

I noticed... there are three pictures of your Uke, and only one of your wife... just sayin'.

Scooter

Very nice . . . . but I think you owe the wife a few more malasadas and maybe you should wait in line :)

Very cool and congrats on getting away...and a great uke too!

Congratulations, and looks like you are having a fantastic time.:D

Aloha Toucan Mango,
You shoulda stopped by man, I live a block away from leonards..ha ha Wow Glad you got a chance to get away with the family and get malasadas and a kamaka tenor...Yes I like
Dan's Guitars best...I hope he gave you a good deal man....he is really nice...maybe next year you can take a valentines vacation and visit me too..wow nice family you have ...
hey you one handsome guy serenading your wife and kids in the Ilikai hotel second floor terrace....hee hee happy Strummings...so glad you all had a great time..thank you for sharing and the
pictures... wish you'd let me know, I'd buy a couple awesome wall hangers from you....So happy you were happy she was happy...:)

My wife & I took a Valentine vacation, First time to Hawaii with out at least 1 of our kids in 27 years. :cool:
So we relaxed for the most part, but there was a couple of items we wanted to pick up, She waited in line to get a leonard's fix, and after a few calls to some near by locations I went to Dan's Guitars & got an ukulele fix.

She was happy, I was happy. ;)View attachment 49613View attachment 49614View attachment 49615

She is Portuguese and I cant even say some of the words let alone place the order or I would have waited to, and I already had my Kamaka so I checked it out while she ordered. :D
Very nice . . . . but I think you owe the wife a few more malasadas and maybe you should wait in line :)

Sorry I missed you Stan, I should have been thinking better. It was actually a very short trip with not set plans, we just did what ever each day. I hope to catch you next time.
Aloha Toucan Mango,
You shoulda stopped by man, I live a block away from leonards..ha ha Wow Glad you got a chance to get away with the family and get malasadas and a kamaka tenor...Yes I like
Dan's Guitars best...I hope he gave you a good deal man....he is really nice...maybe next year you can take a valentines vacation and visit me too..wow nice family you have ...
hey you one handsome guy serenading your wife and kids in the Ilikai hotel second floor terrace....hee hee happy Strummings...so glad you all had a great time..thank you for sharing and the
pictures... wish you'd let me know, I'd buy a couple awesome wall hangers from you....So happy you were happy she was happy...:)

Hey Toucan Mango, bring that new K up to Turlock next weekend and jam with us!
turlockukejamz.org for all the info.
BTW, the malasadas here in the valley are just not the same as Leonard's as I'm sure you know!
-joe

Thank you for the invite! I am still playing catch up but we see. Yeah Leonard's is good stuff. Every year my wife makes it at her dads and all the family & friends come, but the Portuguese call it something else, atleast her family does any way. This was only the second time since we have been married that we missed it at her dads, the only other time we were in Oahu as well close to 15 years ago. .
Hey Toucan Mango, bring that new K up to Turlock next weekend and jam with us!
turlockukejamz.org for all the info.
BTW, the malasadas here in the valley are just not the same as Leonard's as I'm sure you know!
-joe

Awesome stuff. I think your wife needs to stop into Maui Jewelers to even up the odds with you and the Kamaka! haha, but those haupia malasadas make a damn close second. :)

We stay at the Ilikai when we're in Oahu as well since it's one of the Shell Vacation properties to choose from and a nice short walk to the Ala Moana mall not to mention, just a bit quieter than being on the main strip.

Ha, lucky for me she does not care to much about expensive jewelry, but trust me we did plenty of stuff she wanted to do including going to the mall, It was about 1 mile up & 1 mile back from the Hilton plus another mile shopping in there and lots of waiting while she look at stuff. :D
Awesome stuff. I think your wife needs to stop into Maui Jewelers to even up the odds with you and the Kamaka! haha, but those haupia malasadas make a damn close second. :)

We stay at the Ilikai when we're in Oahu as well since it's one of the Shell Vacation properties to choose from and a nice short walk to the Ala Moana mall not to mention, just a bit quieter than being on the main strip.

Top Bottom