NUD: baritone of course!

Ewkahlaylee

Reaction score
:cool:
I've recently acquired a silvertone Bari that I have been enjoying a lot. But it has been a bit lacking and ignited a spark to find something really great as a keeper. Not to say the silvertone doesn't sound good, it really does, but... You know.
So I've had my eyes wide open looking for one to take the plunge on, just as I decided to commit to one on eBay there was one that came up on cl locally. No pics, just a description, and as we all know that is a very relative thing. As I was taking the lengthy drive I kept my fingers crossed that the text was kept close to relation of the dictionary definition and it actually was 'excellent condition'.
To my great surprise/relief the Martin was near mint, near unplayed condition. It was in grandmas closet, and presented by the grand daughter. I willingly shelled out the many coins and am now ecstatic to play and share.
Being In such great shape takes out the mental distraction of wear, cosmetic or otherwise that can sometimes cloud the brain when bonding in music with a newly acquired, used instrument. So the report is strictly based on sound alone! The neck is slim with a C profile, makes for quick movement and consistent feeling, intonation up the neck is superb along with action that I didn't know was possible on a uke, great volume and clarity in combined or single notes. Just a pleasure to hold and play in any style or patterns, whether plucking, chunking, or soft strums. (I think I put the first marks on it.)
The body size is familiar, thus comfortable for me and no adjustments needed there although the silvertone neck is much thicker and a bit narrower.
When not being played I'm in the process of trying to re hydrate as it has never been cared for in that fashion, south coast strings are en route so I'm hoping for a noticeable improvement there also.
On to the eye candy:

28pguf.jpg

hrbibt.jpg

You weren't kidding about a lack of wear -- that puppy looks practically new!

Congrats. That's a keeper, for sure.

Great find! Wonderful! What will you string it with, and what tuning?

Congrats!

I'm gonna faint.

oh my oh my :drool: what amazing condition!!! Hearty congratulations Ewkahlaylee :smileybounce:

Great score...looks like mint candy...enjoy your awesome Martin bartitone...happy strummings..

Thanks for the great comments, I'm not real fluent on all the variations of tunings and stuff...yet. I received my south coast LC-WB strings, so my plan is to eventually get those on. The strings it came with were new but I'm not sure what kind. I'll try to get a sound clip of before and after the string change.
It sounds great as is, and I think I'm opening her up.;)
This has the made in USA stamp and the binding is not tortoise but just black, I'm thinking mid 60s? Anyone know for sure?

Top Bottom