New Uke Day (Kelii)

wayfarer75

Reaction score
Well, the new uke day was actually Monday. I've just been busy playing it.

It's a Kelii all-koa concert, and it's wearing Worth brown strings (I'm pretty sure, anyway--I haven't tried them before). This is my second ukulele; my first acquisition is a Kala KA-S that I've had since December 2010. So, you might imagine this is a bit of a step up for me.

It has plenty of curl, and the wood has a variety of colors, from a golden blonde to coppery orange to brown. There's a dark spot to one side on both the top and back. I call it a "beauty mark". ;) Better than its appearance, though, is the sound. It's very resonant and warm, and I definitely appreciate having more than 12 frets. I'm going to enjoy learning fingerpicking on this uke.

Below are some pictures I took today. Thanks for looking!

IMG_2441a.jpgIMG_2440.jpgIMG_2419.jpgIMG_2449.jpgIMG_2428.jpg

Congrats! Kelii makes a nice uke! Yours has particularly pretty koa.

Good choice...congrats on your purchase! I have a Kelii super soprano and a tenor and I love them both!

Kelii...the "other" K brand...

Congrats Wayfarer,
Looks sweet...I have a soprano koa too, and early model and same logo...but I'd sure like a concert too..love the gold tuners too....great score and happy strummings..

Kelii makes a terrific Hawaiian style ukulele for great prices. Really should be better known for their quality. Congratulations! Can you post a sound sample sometime?

Thanks everybody! Sorry, but no sound sample. Not only do I not have the proper equipment, I don't play very well. Now I play just as poorly but on a nicer instrument. I think Kelii makes a great uke for the money. And really, the Kala is also a great deal--I know some can be pretty bad instruments, but I must have gotten a good one. They're just in different leagues.

Wow, very pretty! Nice photos too! :)

That's a lovely looking uke! I recently bought a nice koa uke too, so I'm in the same boat re the
Now I play just as poorly but on a nicer instrument
A nice uke helps though.

Top Bottom