A couple more videos with William King tenor

GX9901

Reaction score
I got around to posting a couple of videos this weekend playing the William King long scale tenor. In the second video, my 3-year old daughter was "helping" me by singing a random song she had made up in the background. It was pretty cute how she took it pretty seriously and sang through several takes with me.

Anyway, consider these more like promotional videos for the sound of William King's ukes. Don't focus on the playing. Haha! :D

Desperado

Touch

Nice job!!! I'm getting my King custom this week :D :D :D It's cousin to yours as William used the remaining koa from yours.

That was awesome George. Very nice playing. I gave up on that song because with the carpal tunnel I just couldn't smooth it out. You floated right through it. Nice work.

The spruce top King sounds awesome. I'm diggin mine, the Dominator tenor that is.

Dom: Thanks for the compliment. It means a lot coming from you. Yes, I'm digging spruce top ukes very much. :)

Russ: Yes, while I didn't "arrange" the backing vocal, I thought it came out pretty nice. Gotta love the little kids. :D Thanks!

Gx, yes very cool vid of your new William King uke. I was impressed with your uke skills! The hi-def pics of this slotted head work of art is impressive. Hats off to William! e.lo

Nice playing GX, the Kings sounding good. Desperado! yeah, that sounds sweet .

Hi GX,
how do you like the radius fretboard?
I know you probably have a lot of non radius f/b ukes, so how do you compare them?
(for those of us that don't play or havent tried radius f/b)

Hi GX,
how do you like the radius fretboard?
I know you probably have a lot of non radius f/b ukes, so how do you compare them?
(for those of us that don't play or havent tried radius f/b)

The radius on mine is 18", which is very gentle. The King tenor, despite being long scale, is one of the easiest playing tenors I have. I'm not sure how much the radius contributed to that. I don't feel much of a difference between this 18" radius compared to a flat fretboard as far as playing feel goes, but maybe part of the ease of play on this particular uke stems from having this radius.

Top Bottom