Another Near Mint Martin

pdxuke

Reaction score
Not on a 60's but maybe on an way earlier model....but it is nice eye candy, one can dream .....:)

It's from the same family who has been selling their dads instruments he's played thru the years. He was an old professional musician and played at Disneyland and in a few of their motion pictures I believe. I've been in contact with The family for a year or so hoping to pick one up but I either had found a different instrument in the meantime or it was sold before I made up my mind.

He wrote me about this one and I was deciding whether to sell the Favilla and a couple others I have to purchase it. I already have a Martin but knowing the condition of his instruments, I am really temtpted. He's also going to be selling a Kamaka Baritone White lable and a '50's Gibson Baritone.

Martin first baris were made in 1960. '60-62 doesn't have the "made in USA' stamp in the soundhole. That started in'63.

Last edited:
Pat his instruments are beautiful! Go for it! :)

It's from the same family who has been selling their dads instruments he's played thru the years. He was an old professional musician and played at Disneyland and in a few of their motion pictures I believe. I've been in contact with The family for a year or so hoping to pick one up but I either had found a different instrument in the meantime or it was sold before I made up my mind.

He wrote me about this one and I was deciding whether to sell the Favilla and a couple others I have to purchase it. I already have a Martin but knowing the condition of his instruments, I am really temtpted. He's also going to be selling a Kamaka Baritone White lable and a '50's Gibson Baritone.

Martin first baris were made in 1960. '60-62 doesn't have the "made in USA' stamp in the soundhole. That started in'63.

I'm picturing a young man playing music at disney. And when a kid gets too close he gives a severe scolding. =) His instruments are absolutely pristine, just how I like em.

Pat his instruments are beautiful! Go for it! :)

If I sold the Favilla I just got and perhaps the Griffin Concert Pinecone, I could possibly swing it.

I put strings in the Fav. last night, sounded okay; going to see if I can pull off the saddle and lower the action a bit before I decide what to do with it. I wrote Tom Favilla and got a nice response. He said the baritones without a label or serial number are from'46 to '53. I'm amazed at the condition compared to the other Favillas being sold on Ebay.

Your Martin comes Tuesday. You'll be finding out why they are so special. The neck is so sleek and fast. I bet the one for sale is really cool as the dad usually did a bit of tinkering to get it just the way he iked it. I think it would worth it just to feel what an old pro musicians instrument is like.

That is a really beautiful instrument! I wish I had the cash to pick it up. I think a cheaper baritone is more likely in my near future...

If I sold the Favilla
Patrick, if you are thinking of selling let me know. I'd love to pop over the border and give it a try. I think a Favilla barri is more realistic for me. They are called the poor man's Martin aren't they?

That is a really beautiful instrument! I wish I had the cash to pick it up. I think a cheaper baritone is more likely in my near future...

Patrick, if you are thinking of selling let me know. I'd love to pop over the border and give it a try. I think a Favilla barri is more realistic for me. They are called the poor man's Martin aren't they?

Yep, that's what they're called. Tom's father, the seller of the Martin, really loved the Favilla. He did some custom work on a few of them like shaving the neck and putting a radiused fretboard. He's not selling that one unfortunatley. Will definitly contact you first collar.

What's a fair price for one in this condition?

Top Bottom