Are these the right strings to buy?

Generally speaking you could of course try these strings (unless you have a Flea or Fluke with the molded plastic fretboard where the use of wound strings is not recommended).
Personally I didn't really like the wound low G, I found it way too loud compared to the other strings. A single low G string (Aquila red series) might result in a better balanced string set (soundwise).
Or you go for Ken Middleton's Living Water Strings straight away; if you do I am pretty sure you won't regret it (at least I never did). If you search these forums you will find plenty of happy users....

Generally speaking you could of course try these strings (unless you have a Flea or Fluke with the molded plastic fretboard where the use of wound strings is not recommended).
Personally I didn't really like the wound low G, I found it way too loud compared to the other strings. A single low G string (Aquila red series) might result in a better balanced string set (soundwise).
Or you go for Ken Middleton's Living Water Strings straight away; if you do I am pretty sure you won't regret it (at least I never did). If you search these forums you will find plenty of happy users....

Thank you! :)

Top Bottom