A unique ukulele

haolejohn

Reaction score
When I lived on Maui I saw a gentelman that played an ukulele that had the Hawaiian Islands as soundholes. I contacted one builder and asked if this would be possible and they informed me that it wouldn't be. I know that it is possible. Has anyone seen a uke like that or heard of a company that makes them that way? Not one island but all 8.

that ukulele looks sick. where can you get one deach?

It's a Wai'olu Ukulele and the luthier is Mark Bajet who worked for Derek Shimizu at GString. . . Another instrument that is similar is a Pahu Kani also built in the 808.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wouldnt see why not its possible. It would be a lot of hard word for the luthier but it obviously can be done. That would be cool to get a custom sound hole uke though. hmm..

sad to say i sold that wai'olu. i needed money to pay for school

Hmmm. I wonder if that could start a trend of geographic soundholes for ukes? I mean, if Hawaii can have them, why can't Canada? And I mean ALL of Canada: PEI, and and all the Arctic islands, too. Damn big sound hole. Wonder if the remaining wood can take the tension? Never mind, I want a Canada-shaped soundhole now!

Hmmm. I wonder if that could start a trend of geographic soundholes for ukes? I mean, if Hawaii can have them, why can't Canada? And I mean ALL of Canada: PEI, and and all the Arctic islands, too. Damn big sound hole. Wonder if the remaining wood can take the tension? Never mind, I want a Canada-shaped soundhole now!

man, I'd like to get Africa, that'd be awesome!

hahahah. lets see em try to get 7000 islands on a sound board.
PI respresent. :nana:

Kaneohe until the end, Where did you get that uke? I tried searching for Wai'ole and I can't get anything. You have a contact?

Last edited:
Kaneohe until the end, Where did you get that uke? I tried searching for Wai'ole and I can't get anything. You have a contact?

theres a link in kanaka's post and theyre called wai'olu. but incase you didnt see it waioluukulele.com
edit: o and if you could, dont mention i sold it. i still feel bad about having to sell it

Last edited:
Top Bottom