hey guys i just have a couple of question

Regster

Reaction score
hey ummm im thinking about buying a kamoa pineapple ukulele so my question is
1.) whats the difference about a regular soprano and a pineapple soprano?
2.) how good is the kamoa brand? how does it compare to lanikai, kala, etc. when i saw the vid of aldrine and ryan it sounded good but i want to hear other opinion since im still a newb with ukulele

The pineapple and regular soprano only differ in body shape. They might be a little more resonant because the body just holds more air inside, but the difference in sound isn't incredibly noticeable.

The Kamoa ukuleles are a great value. I haven't compared them side-by-side in person with Kalas or Lanikais, but I'd say they're at least as good as anything else in the price range. :D

The body of the Pineapple is kind of pineapple shaped and has a little bit of a deeper sound when I've compared Std/Pine of the same brand. Soprano defines the scale length, modern Sopranos are around 13.5 inches. from nut to saddle/bridge.

k i look at the uu store, i thought the kamoa pineapple was only 100 including shipping and handling but it seems like its 130 with shipping and handling and thats kinda expensive so now im just thinking if i should buy this uke or the applause ua-10 at musicianfriend they're about the same in price see the kamoa everything is 130+ but the applause its 130 + shipping is free i think so i don't know what will i get now

I read that Kala was founded by the same dude that founded Lanikai (which is the same dude that founded Honer)... but for some reason that escapes me, Kala has a higher level of consumer confidence. Go figure.
Kamoa is rather new and unique to a specific vendor in Hawaii, LARRY'S MUSIC. Those at the top of the Uke-Chain seem to speak better of kamoa as a brand, yet I can't find any legitimate reason for it, other than the fact that Larry's music is located in Hawaii. I have concluded that ultimately construction seems to be the same for all three companies... laminate wood, good product, construction performed in China hence the cheaper prices... set-up for Kamoa may be done in Hawaii, but that's the only difference I have noted.

k thanks for everybodies help, after debating if i should get it or not since the uke was kinda off my budget i still bought the kamoa pineapple ukulele, im really nervous about it since i have some bad experience with ordering online, i really really hope it gets here in one piece :D

Top Bottom