EOY Extravaganza: Update

austin1

Reaction score
Hey all!

I just wanted to post this in a separate thread so that people see it.

Just for the record, I haven't forgotten about the end of the year video. But this is my life at the moment:

8AM-12--Summer Class
12-3 --Work at Job
3-Midnight--Grad School Papers

Summarized, I'm dying. The stress of my life has gotten to the point where it is causing actual health issues, and I had to go to the doctor's last week so they could give me pills and draw blood and be really nice to me even when I distinguished myself by almost passing out in the waiting room in front of everyone. I wake up with a stress headache every morning, go to sleep with one every night, and my stupid eyelid has started twitching. So yes. Stress. Barrels and barrels of it.

I haven't forgotten or ignored the End of the Year Extravaganza--on the contrary, I've been doing all sorts of secret things from my end which will become apparent when you watch the video. But alas, the actual filming/editing/certificate-giving of it is going to have to wait until at the very earliest the weekend, but no promises. I need to get this paper finished first, it's my entire grade in the class.

I realize the UU Awards have suddenly arrived and some may not be particularly thrilled with the overlap--for that, I'm sorry. I didn't think the UU Awards were happening, but even if I had, I probably would have done this anyway. Mostly because I think the hard work everyone has put into the Seasons deserves it's own shebang. But please don't feel like you can't nominate Seasons videos for those awards just because you nominated them for the EOY Extravaganza. I also realize it may seem slightly silly to celebrate 2012 in the middle of March, but that one we can chalk up to the learning curve. Next year I'll be better.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry for the delay, but please please PLEASE bear with me. I'm really looking forward to doing this--actually, it's one of the few things keeping me going right now--but I know the delay is irritating. However, I do truly think that what we'll have at the end of it will be worth it (although this of course up for debate).

At any rate, please hang in there and please don't hate me. I'm trying really, really hard!

:)

Love,
Me

P.S. If anyone has any last-minute votes they want to get in, feel free to PM me with them, but voting is otherwise closed.

Last edited:
For heaven's sake, Tina, nobody is supposed to die from 'ukulele. Not even in the Seasons. Please take care of yourself. Surely you know that we Seasonistas will celebrate anything at any time. Heck, we can celebrate 1986 in April if you want.

Seriously. Do what you have to do and don't let the Seasons add to your stress. That would be against everything we stand for.

You are awesome taking on the EOY Extravaganza, it's to me cream on the most awesome Apple pie ever, I confess I did forget about the UU awards, I think the overlap is good, we can nominate twice and maybe get others over to come play at the Seasons. We can be Patient, we are still having fun playing songs for the Seasons

Your School work and Health is more Important right now. We can wait.
Drew.

Easy girl! The ukulele is for relaxation and fun, not for stress and suffering. We'll be patient and you'll take as much time as you want or need.
Pour yourself some tea, sit down and as we say in Dutch "laat de boel de boel" (which is hard to translate, but it sort of means 'let it slide'. I think.).

Thanks so much Tina for doing this all , greatly appreciated and remember your health comes first kiddo :) hope you find some time to relax, and i have no problem waiting for as long as it takes, the anticipation adds to the suspense, you deserve a ward,certificate for doing all this, take care kiddo, and relax, all the best from me :)

Tina,

I'm in grad school too; I understand what you're going through. It's just research all the time and maybe sleep a little (or don't sleep and play ukulele). But please take care of your health! Hang in there and things will eventually get better.

And the seasonistas are the kindest, most encouraging group of people I've ever met. I'm sure we wouldn't mind waiting until December if need be.

I am all for you taking a breather, and celebrating 1986 in April. We would all rather see you less stressed than see results expeditiously.
And thanks for carrying a torch for us in your busy life

Last edited:
No irritation here---just excitement and suspense. Patient excitement and relaxed suspense, that is.

No pressure on you from us Seasonsistas, Tina, just an online hug---wishing you all the energy and strength (physical, intellectual, and emotional) you need to make it to the top of your grad school mountain. Just don't forget to take a short break when you can to play a little music for yourself.

I agree with Ralf...no pressure or annoyance on this side. We're just happily eager! But health comes first, then a compos mentis, then communicating about uking.

((((((Tina)))))) look after yourself. Take your time. The seasons are all about fun, so don't stress. We will still be here.

Oh oh Tina! I'm really scared a little bit about your notice and I think others also! Care for yourself, your health and your own way is much more important than anything else. Your rest of day should be recovery and no obligation, even no voluntary.

Tina, look after yourself and whatever you do, take care of your health. That comes first. We can all wait here.

I realise you are under pressure just now, but do try to make some time to relax and do the fun things in life.

All the best

Geoff

No irritation here---just excitement and suspense. Patient excitement and relaxed suspense, that is.

No pressure on you from us Seasonsistas, Tina, just an online hug---wishing you all the energy and strength (physical, intellectual, and emotional) you need to make it to the top of your grad school mountain. Just don't forget to take a short break when you can to play a little music for yourself.

Tina - Here's a Big virtual Hug!! We :love: you! Good luck with everything and we'll all celebrate with you when your paper is finished!
Until then- don't forget to breathe! And relax with some good ukulele music when you get too stressed out.

Tina

We would like to
take this time
to wish you
all the best

take it easy
put your feet up
try to get some a rest

your health is more important
than the thought of being late
when it comes, it comes
and I for one can wait

I can wait till April
even May or June

Tina what we're trying to say
Is get well soon

from Krabbers and Caroline (unluckymum)

Please take care of yourself Tina. We can wait. We all have lots of other things that are going on in our lives and lots of other things to keep us busy and entertained. Please don't worry we're being impatient. ::lots of hugs!::

CountryMouse

I don't hate you, I don't even mildly dislike you, I think you are AWESOME. good luck with your paper.

I have a slight inkling of what Tina is doing - and no matter how long it takes, it will be worth the wait!

Hugs and stuff, Tina! Take as long as you need to !

-Kurt​

My paper is turned in! I feel significantly better, and my eyeball has stopped doing weird things so that's a plus. Work on the end of the year extravaganza has commenced, hooray! It should hopefully be done this week sometime.

Top Bottom