Ohana Vita anybody ?

mollski

Reaction score
Hi to all, has anybody got or owned a Ohana Vita ukulele,ive heard they sound great,but hard to hold? thank you for your time and help.

Haven't owned one but I've played a couple. The ones I've played do sound great - very punchy especially with Worth clear strings. I don't remember having any problem holding them...

John

I have one! It's what made me fall in love with ukulele. I love the way it sounds fingerpicking and strumming. I actually find it a bit easier to hold than my figure 8 sopranos and concerts. The larger lower bout gets it at just the right height and angle for me when I playing. But since every person is a different shape and size, YMMV. I have more expensive ukes, but still enjoy playing the Vita uke every day.

i play a kala tenor at the min,do you think i would have any problems with my fat fingers?

Yes, I've had one and played one now for several years. I, too, find it much easier to hold than a soprano. Normally i play tenor and concert but for things that require exceptionally long stretchs I use the Vita. Also, I use it a lot for Renaissance lute music. Get the Lute to Uke book.

Something I haven't mentioned is that it is also my high g uke. The others are low g.

Can't go wrong with a Vita. There are special cases made for Vitas and I recommend getting one. The Vitas have spruce tops and are therefore bright in pitch. Different strings will bring out different qualties. I'm a fan of Southcoast strings.

Link to Vita review

I don't have one either but have handled one at my local Uke pusher. They do have a unique sound. Ukulele Player Magazine did a good review several years ago when they first came out. Here's the URL: http://www.tricornpublications.com/issue4.pdf

Hope that helps

Cheers....Dave

I have Two vita Ukes - one with the mahogany body, and the newest acquisition with the rosewood body. (CP70 and CP70R, respectively). Soprano neck, concert bidy. Loud as all get out when you want them to be, but they play soft and sweetly. too. Not hard to hold at all.

I have Worth Clear Tenor strings on the mahogany one, and the rosewood has the original Aquila Nygluts.

Here are a couple of my videos where I'm playing the Ohanas:

They are superb ukes.. really loved mine.
I dont recall any difficulty in holding :)

It fits in a concert uke case.. so its a bit like a soprano neck on a concert body

I agree with what's been said, they are great sounding nice playing ukes. I've had mine for about a year, and it's one of my favorites, although I usually don't care for sopranos the neck and fretboard seem quite comfortable to me and the body shape is easy to hold. I keep mine in a rigid foam concert case and it fits well, but do have an old pair of socks rolled up and put under the end since the neck is shorter, it just gives a bit more clearance for the tuners and headstock. I think fluorocarbon strings are the perfect match for mine.

Top Bottom