New Uke Day!

Rubio MHS

Reaction score
My recent spoils:

• New spoons and a book for my hammered dulcimer, which has never seen much action
  • A Luna Great Waves Soprano Ukulele
  • A used Fender Mark Hoppus Signature Bass and a couple of books for it
  • Fixed the broken neck of an antique Stetson Mandolin and a couple of books for it

I'm really looking forward to playing the hammered dulcimer more, and the Stetson Mandolin has been broken for a few years. I got an excellent deal on the Fender Bass, which was just over $250, and while the Luna Ukulele is much more low rent than my other ukes, it came with Aquila strings and didn't require any setup; it sounds great. I won't be able to play the bass until my stomach heals, but so far the uke and the mandolin have seen a lot of use.

file.php

kewl...sounds like a happy family!

Congrats on your recent aquisitions....happy strummings....what does MHS stand for anyways, your alma matta?

No, "Rubio" is a minor character from A Fistful of Dollars, and I used to post on a wrestling message board as mhs_sister, or Mark Henry's sister. I changed it back in the 1990s because people kept thinking I was a girl.

My plan is to play the electric bass for at least a year before getting a U-bass. I've heard that it's a lot easier to go from the electric bass to the U-bass than vice-versa.

Top Bottom