PDA

View Full Version : Jimi Hendrix New CD Slays It!

coolkayaker1
03-04-2013, 04:13 PM
http://www.npr.org/2013/02/27/172992228/first-listen-jimi-hendrix-people-hell-and-angels

Guitar players and listeners: you can stream the entire CD on NPR at the link above (for now) It comes out tomorrow.

Screaming guitar, the whole nine yards. Strong stuff from brother Jimi.

I'm sort of anti-Hendrix LLC for them telling Craig Chee to remove his outstanding uke cover of a Jimi song from youtube...but I guess I'll make an exception and buy this one CD. lol

It's about ten bucks on Amazon USA now (yea, I still prefer CDs to cheaper downloads--I'm Hendrixian antiquated that way)

aquadan
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Listening now - thanks for the heads up!

southpawmark
03-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I learned one important rule from Jimmy Hendrix and this applies to all lefties. Be true to yourself. Don't let any other guitarists or uke players tell you that you must play righty. We wouldn't be taking about Jimmy right now if someone had forced him to play righty, would we?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Jimmy H. and Paul McCartney are my heroes because they are both lefties and they didn't allow anyone to tell them they couldn't play lefty.

Oh, here's a neat story for you. Eric Clapton wanted to surprise his friend, Jimmy Hendrix, with a true, southpaw instrument. He found a lefty stratocaster in a shop in London.

Clapton took the guitar to a Sly and the Family Stone concert at the Lyceum that night, expecting to see Jimi and give him the guitar. But Hendrix never showed up.

“The next day, I heard that he had died,” Clapton writes. “He had passed out, stoned on a mixture of booze and drugs, and choked on his own vomit. It was the first time the death of another musician really affected me. We had all felt obliterated when Buddy Holly died, but this was much more personal. I was incredibly upset and very angry, and was filled with a feeling of terrible loneliness.”

So, Eric still has that stratocaster. Hmm, maybe he'll find another southpaw to give it to?

Pukulele Pete
08-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Can you imagine how much better Jimi could have played if he played righty? ......just kidding. I'm a Lefty who plays correctly ( kidding again) and I always wonder if I would have played guitar better if I played lefthanded.