Two Concert Ukes - One Acoustic and One Acoustic/Electric

Status
Not open for further replies.

strummin'&hummin'

Reaction score
Two Ukes: Fishuku Bamboo Concert and Luna High Tide Koa Acoustic/Electric Concert

Just boring stuff first: I prefer to ship in the U.S. only and I will only ship to verified Paypal addresses.

fishukubamboo.jpg

This is an acoustic Bamboo Fishuku concert size ukulele I received this past Christmas. It stays in tune well, has a lovely finish and comes with a nice gig bag. It's also rather large for a concert in my opinion - almost the size of my tenor. I'm asking $125 plus actual shipping costs/insurance.

Here's the link to the specs and where it was purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/Goldfish-Guitars-Bamboo-Fishuku--Concert/dp/B00A73VMZC/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1362514020&sr=1-1&keywords=fishuku+bamboo+ukulele

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lunaconcert.jpg

Here are some additional photos:

8533876385_9c2eeac36b_b.jpg

8533877217_2438b75454_b.jpg

8534986072_48c3d3d74b_b.jpg

8534987048_320bc19e0c_b.jpg

This is a Luna High Tide Kao Acoustic/Electric Ukulele that I purchased last Summer. It is a beautiful instrument, stays in tune well and comes with a nice gig bag. I'm asking $210 plus actual shipping/insurance.

Here is a link to the specs and where it was purchased:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Luna-Guitars-High-Tide-Koa-Concert-Ukulele-106095185-i1475308.gc

If you need more photos, I will be happy to supply them. They are both new, lightly played and in excellent condition.

Last edited:
It doesn't say in the specs on the Guitar Center site for the Luna High Tide whether it is solid or laminate, so I'm assuming laminate?

It doesn't say in the specs on the Guitar Center site for the Luna High Tide whether it is solid or laminate, so I'm assuming laminate?

Hi Jim,
I actually had to go to Luna's website to get the answer for this one as I'm a beginner and wouldn't really know the difference (or at least I don't think I would). On their website, they say it is "crafted from exotic tropical hardwoods" and is "all Koa." I'm not sure if that answered your question or not. Here's the link to their page:

http://www.lunaguitars.com/acousticproduct/htcuke.php

Last edited:
laminate it is.

Again, thank you for chiming in -- I really just bought it because it was a nice looking and nice sounding ukulele. :)

I've played a few Lunas in shops, and I agree-- they are a very nice low-price ukes. The ones I have played have had good tone and nice playability.

I've played a few Lunas in shops, and I agree-- they are a very nice low-price ukes. The ones I have played have had good tone and nice playability.

You must have some very expensive ukuleles to consider $250 cheap (that's what I paid originally). I guess, as a beginner, I wasn't willing to pay much more. I mean, I'm not good and who knows when I'll get better!

And P.S. I am really strange because I prefer my Applause Ovation (which was even cheaper) to the ukes I've played so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom