Help on uploading...YouTube won't stop processing

GinnyT11

Reaction score
I've successfully uploaded a few videos, but today one is giving me a problem. YouTube uploads it fully, but then the processing part, which usually takes less than a minute, never stops.

I restarted it, and the same thing happened. Nothing's changed on my gear or setup since the last video upload.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I recorded a bunch of videos at a show I played in Saturday, and I'm having the same problem getting them uploaded. It's a YouTube issue, not a problem on your end. YouTube is always tweaking its software in little ways, and sometimes these have unexpected side effects that require further tweaking.

Solved! Let it run all night and when you get up, the processing step has been completed. Sheesh!

Solved! Let it run all night and when you get up, the processing step has been completed. Sheesh!

I found a quicker solution! In a new browser window or tab, navigate to your new video's YouTube page. When you come back to the upload page, the processing bar should be back to normal. Weird glitch, definitely on Youtube's side.

I had an upload that I left processing all night on Monday night, and when I woke up the next day YouTube had declared it a failed upload. I uploaded it again last night, and it worked this time.

This seems to happen from time to time. I usually just leave it processing. Once the clip has been uploaded, it should be safe to close the browser (and the computer) as the processing is at the other end.

Ginny, I had this happen again last night. My video processed all night, and then still failed. I uploaded again this morning -- it took a couple of hours to process, but eventually showed up intact.

Top Bottom