Ipad effects

Reaction score
Has any one tried using the Ipad apps for effect pedals ? I like a little reverb when I plug in my uke and maybe some tone Eq.

I jammed out an iStomp on my iPhone today using my Eleuke Pineapple. I used to put steel strings on my Eleuke just so I could get the cool effects. I'm a big fan of reverb. I just bought a rackmount Alesis Microverb to use for karaoke and electric instruments.

Last edited:
Garage Band has some pretty good effects for 5 bucks or whatever it is - plus it does so much more. You need a way to get a signal into the ipad though. I have the Apogee JAM and it works great, but it is $100 so you can buy a pretty good pedal for that much. The irig is cheaper, but I canʻt speak for it.

I used to use only Garageband on the Ipad to record and add effects. Once everything was record and sequence like I wanted, I then export the whole project into Logic to do the final mix. Garageband on the Ipad is an awesome app for recording and they have quite pedals effect if you need them and more than that, it's very user friendly....

You can hear how it sounds like if you go on my souncloud account and listen to a few tracks....they are all done like I just explained....

So the Ipad is a very capable tool for recording, effects.....

I use Amplitube (through the iRig). Garage Band works well, but does not sound quite as good as Amplitube.

Top Bottom