Fluke any uk owners on here

mollski

Reaction score
HI ive made up my mind,im going to buy a fluke tenor,but the only people who seem to stock them in the uk are duke of uke in london,but they donot seem to have the colour i would like. anybody in the uk who bought one other than from duke of uku at london?

also what do you think to your fluke?

thank you

I got mine from Southern Ukulele Store http://www.southernukulelestore.co.uk/. I believe Gamlins also has them occasionally. I love mine. Sounds great, and can take some abuse. Mine stays out all the time, in fact it's been in its bag 4 times total, and one of those was when it was delivered. It's been camping with me several times. The only slight worry is that it's showing wear on the (plastic) frets a little, but it still plays like butter. I have played it every single day for nearly a year.

yep I own one I too got mine from SUS in Bournemouth, it is the tenor neck

I have its little brother, a flea which came from SUS. Check their website, they have a selection of Flukes.

And even though not in the UK, have a look at Mercatino dell'ukulele, they have quite a few in stock and excellent prices (free shipping over 200EUR/170GBP).
Friendly people down there, always willing to help - and the webshop of Aquila strings; they have a good reputation here on UU (and elsewhere).

In Germany Rigk Sauer (RISA) offers Flukes as well: www.ukulele.de

also what do you think to your fluke?
Actually I had a tenor and a concert Fluke for testing a couple of days ago - and while I liked the sound I didn't like the tenor scale and string tension at all - I am back to concert size now. The sound is amazingly loud and full, even with the stock Aquila strings. Noticeably fuller than the Flea - which is no surprise as the Fluke's body has slightly more volume.

Last edited:
Top Bottom