Blue Frog Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
BLUEFROG 001.jpgBLUEFROG 002.jpgBLUEFROG 003.jpgBLUEFROG 004.jpg

I am selling my Blue Frog soprano ukulele because I just don't play it enough to justify keeping it and I can use the money to defray some substantial expenses I have incurred lately.

The instrument was built by luthier Vic Jones of Belleview, Kentucky. It is constructed with all solid tonewoods. The top and neck are mahogany and the back and sides are figured rosewood. The headstock is overlaid with figured rosewood. The body is bound with purple heart and the fingerboard is purple heart.

The instrument plays very easy. I asked Vic to give me low action and he did. I will point out that the saddle has been shimmed about 1/8". The instrument did have some buzzing issues at first but with the saddle shim, the buzzing has been corrected.

This is a fairly loud instrument when played hard. It is by no means muted. It has a wonderful tone. It is currently strung with Seaquar fluorocarbon fishing line.

Cosmetically, the instrument is as new, no issues.

I am asking $300. for the instrument which includes a gig bag and shipping within CONUS. I accept and prefer PayPal.

Here is a link to my YouTube channel for a sound sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL6_ufKu6ME

Thanks for looking...!!!

Last edited:
He has a DeLorean tricked out with a Flux Capacitor.

Uh...you linked to your video manager video edit page so when I try to follow the link it doesn't find the video, clears that part of the URL, and sends me to my video manager video edit page... :)

John

Uh...you linked to your video manager video edit page so when I try to follow the link it doesn't find the video, clears that part of the URL, and sends me to my video manager video edit page... :)

John

Yea, I get Johns personal page, too.

(Just kidding)

John

Thanks John, I'll try to fix it.

Heard this on YouTube................amazing little uke...........seems like a bargain

Cute uke!
How would you describe it in terms of build/ lightness? Can you compare to a common brand?
Thanks!
ME

Cute uke!
How would you describe it in terms of build/ lightness? Can you compare to a common brand?
Thanks!
ME

It is light, certainly not overbuilt. It is built like an old Martin but with different tonewoods. It has a brighter tone than an all mahogany instrument.

There was a rare blue frog blem on Ebay maybe 18 months ago, still regret not scoring it. Super nice instruments-underestimated.

After the video I am interested in Buying!
I sent eariler PM w/ email.
UkeOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom