Rack effects for vocals

Rubio MHS

Reaction score
While I mostly try to keep things quiet, I thought I'd amplify my voice. I have a Phonic 620 PA system and an Alesis Microverb vocal effects unit. What rack effects do you guys recommend for vocals? I'm thinking of getting the TASCAM TA-1VP Antares Auto-Tune Evo real-time pitch correction, and maybe a compressor and a pre-amp.

Since I'm a student, it'd be cheaper to go with Pro Tools 10 EDU. I think I might stick with that, maybe with a compressor.

Alesis 3630 compressor and gate for PA system

A friend of mine bought a Alesis 3630 compressor and gate for our bands PA system many years ago. That is just the coolest thing for smoothing out the sound. And the gate acts by cutting out the microphone hiss when things get quiet. Made everything sound very professional. For only $99, that model is still being made, and is really a classic.

If you come into some money, invest in a Voice Live II - it's a great tool to use on solo gigs- It can simply just provide the right amount of reverb, or else correct your tone. Then, combined with playing an instrument, its harmoniser section can give you a variety of backing singers of both sexes or a choir to back you up... or even a full football stadium!!! On top of that there are all kinds of "groovy" effects such as old-fashioned radio, Elvis, Sci-Fi, etc and it's easy (if time consuming) to modify the pre-sets and save your own voice options.

Please tell me more. If I wanted to start using it, what is the minimum I would need in a studio to use the Voice Live 2. I googled it and found their website with 3 demo videos. My studio consists of an amp and an electric uke! ha I was amazed at this tool. Thanks for posting it.

Singing is not so easy its very difficult task but when we keeping on trying definetly we reach our goal.

Top Bottom