Very Easy Tutorial That Sounds Advanced!

Kyle23

Reaction score
Just learned this earlier this morning, thought I'd share with you guys. I know a lot of new players including myself look for basic chord progressions that sound advanced and here's an example of that. It's pretty easy to follow, except the strum pattern might take you a second, but once you get it... It's pretty impressive to hear. Plus I think it's only 3 chords.

Classic song, everyone here probably knows it, so try it out and let me know how you did. And does anyone know if Mike uses these forums? I love his vids.

Thanks for posting, that's a terrific tutorial.

Mike certainly has a great way of explaining things. I'll be checking out more of his vids.

I think he is on the Uke cruise he set up.

His were amongst the first tutorial videos that I saw on Youbube - and I subscribed to his channel right away - simply a great teacher!

I agree, nice and easy to understand, great tutorials.

Thanks Kyle for sharing this! I practiced it tonight and indeed it is great and it also helps a lot to speed up my chord transitions!

Thanks, that's a great one. The strumming patterns are a big thing I have to work on!

Yeah, Mike has an amazing talent for teaching things like this. Not really hard, but enough complexity to make you sound terrific.

Mike's Somewhere Over The Rainbow toot is quintessential viewing for every ukuleleist.

Isn't Mike the best? I adore him. I've worked through two of his tutorials (and this is just Day Two of my learning to play). He has a wonderful gift for teaching, and his passion is a delight to see. Thanks for posting this video, coolkayaker1. Watching him perform makes me happy, and performing certainly makes HIM happy--particularly noticeable in this video. :music:

Top Bottom