Almost Islanders at WORLD BEAT CENTER!!!

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
so this morning at work, i get a phone call from an unfamiliar number. usually i try not to answer them but under today's work circumstances, im in correnspondence with a lot of people to get things done... but i digress.

anyway, i answer the phone and the person on the other line says "hey! is this Almost Islanders?!?!?!"

me: yes it is
him: hey man, its John from Pau Hana
me: *gulp*
john: hey i got your number from flo and i was wondering if you guys would be able to open for us at the world beat center on feb 13th.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

ok so long story short, i called everyone one by one and got confirmation, called john back... AND ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!

i am sooooooo excited! we never thought we would be opening for Pau Hana (one of our BIGGEST influences), let alone at the WBC!!! one of the places id been wanting us to play at for a while now.

so its set.

friday
feb 13 2009
ALL AGES
did i say all ages?
World Beat Center
opening for PAU HANA!
soon as i get the flyer, i will post it up here on this thread.
mark your calendars! would love to see you out there!!!

and to everyone here that has come to see us perform, whenever and wherever it may have been, i just want to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. you guys are the reason we do this!

Nuke,
Thats excellent. It's probably all that aloha you spread....talent also helps.

Keep us in the loop.

Pete

OMG! i remember when we first started the band and would talk about (or fantasize rather) about playing a the World Beat Center, Much less being on the SAME stage as PAU HANA! WOW! talk about a dream come true! Im so excited! and I just cant hide it!!!!!!!! :eek:

Top Bottom